Hide
18 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: +1 Attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
vail vail
msg tools
This may be a dumb question. Also, I don't have the game in front of me at the moment so this is based off of memory.

Yesterday, was playing the Apprentice, and got the green wand. The fate die recipe for this wand says +1 Attack. What does this mean? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Nabbit
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust that you are beautiful.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It means you can attack again with the wand. This only works with attacks that actually use the wand, so the only card the Apprentice has that uses it is the "Attack" card.

What I'm not sure about is if you roll FD for the bonus attack, allowing you to chain Attack actions...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
vail vail
msg tools
So the only time that recipe would be of use is if you have a second "Attack" card to play during that HC? Thanks for the response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vail333 wrote:
So the only time that recipe would be of use is if you have a second "Attack" card to play during that HC? Thanks for the response

I think if you used an attack card and got the requirements for the recipe you would make a second free attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
vail333 wrote:

I think if you used an attack card and got the requirements for the recipe you would make a second free attack.

That's how I understand it too. And presumably you could indefinitely chain free attacks for as long as each one gets the recipe.
Main hand weapons are not that important to the apprentice and the acolyte, but with this wand, it makes the basic attack a bit more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
MrGurbic wrote:
vail333 wrote:

That's how I understand it too. And presumably you could indefinitely chain free attacks for as long as each one gets the recipe.
Main hand weapons are not that important to the apprentice and the acolyte, but with this wand, it makes the basic attack a bit more interesting.

I'll allow it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't think you could make the fate recipe again, but that's just me. One time per card.

In other news, what's really fun is to use it with the soldier (if you don't have a better weapon handy). There seems to be no rule against it, and the soldier has a few more attack cards. Luckily the designers made all the soldier's AoE moves Range:1 instead of Range: Weapon...

I imagine the brigand would have a blast too, but I haven't played him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Steward
Canada
flag msg tools
After thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the fate recipe is such that you only get an extra attack and you do not roll FD for that attack since that attack is not from a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Weidus
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it that you get a free attack with any bonus dice you would have had. From your player card, the weapon, and buffs. It also chains, since I believe the rulebook says you can only use a recipe once per roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
The way we played it, is if you rolled the recipe you could choose another target within range to attempt to hit with any remaining dice OR if it's the same type of monster you just auto-hit one extra creature.

I was under the impression you can't even attack with a weapon UNLESS you are using a card to do so.

I hope we get some clarification on this because +1 attack is just too ambiguous...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Larkin
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So many fun and completely different ways to play it! Fun! (I'm trying to get in on the sandbox band wagon)

Now for those that dislike the ambiguity, what does it actually do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you hit the recipe, it allows you to pick up your attack dice you just used, and make a new attack (no card needed - it's the same as the attack card you used). This is per Kenny on the official forums.

I'm unsure of whether you roll your fate dice again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
If you hit the recipe, it allows you to pick up your attack dice you just used, and make a new attack (no card needed - it's the same as the attack card you used). This is per Kenny on the official forums.

thanks for that, all we need to know now is if this can snowball due to whether fate dice are rolled again.

Regardless, that means a "wand" is a brigands best friend early on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin1280 wrote:
charlest wrote:

thanks for that, all we need to know now is if this can snowball due to whether fate dice are rolled again.

Regardless, that means a "wand" is a brigands best friend early on.

I think the green Dagger is better as it allows you to stay in Shadows. The wand may be excellent when fighting an especially tough enemy, but that dagger will be useful far more often. The issue is the Brigand rarely can hurt more than 1 target, so a second attack will just net you 1 extra minion most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Ivey
United States
Vadnais Heights
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't look through all the items, as I want them to stay a surprise for when I actually get them. But that dagger raises a question then.

If you maintain shadows when you succeed at the dagger recipe then does whatever ongoing shadow card you are using remain in play instead of getting discarded?

Because that alone means you get 5 FD (hero's 1 FD, dagger's 2 FD, shadow's 2 FD) for every attack which succeeds the FD check, which is awesome...

Similarly with the wand you would get 4 FD every time you succeed (or until you run out of targets) since all effects stay active for the second attack. This is of course provided you re-roll the same FD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dustin1280 wrote:
I haven't look through all the items, as I want them to stay a surprise for when I actually get them. But that dagger raises a question then.

If you maintain shadows when you succeed at the dagger recipe then does whatever ongoing shadow card you are using remain in play instead of getting discarded?

Because that alone means you get 5 FD (hero's 1 FD, dagger's 2 FD, shadow's 2 FD) for every attack which succeeds the FD check, which is awesome...

Similarly with the wand you would get 4 FD every time you succeed (or until you run out of targets) since all effects stay active for the second attack. This is of course provided you re-roll the same FD.

This is how I'd play shadows. Stay in shadows, keep your ongoing. Brigand kinda sucks for much of the game (little minion clearing ability), so let him shine at what he does do well.

My stance on the wand is limit each recipe to once per card, but I could easily see Kenny ruling otherwise. That one is up in the air.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wand can not be chained:
http://megacongames.com/community/#/discussion/366/problems-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's lame. I've had the wand and getting lucky multiple attacks save me more than once. It always stops at some point due to the high threat. I'll probably keep playing that as long as I keep rolling the recipe, I can get multiple free extra attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.