Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the latest:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/387059881/18oe-on-the-r...

-Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike MacMartin
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up this past weekend. I'm already working on my storage solution ... and I've got a tackle box which divides the hex tiles into a rough division (r/g/b tracks, towns, cities, then greys, patronage and red, and metropolises) and which allows everything else to fit in the box! I'll post a more complete thing later when I've got everything dealt with (I'm planning on telescoping boxes for the cards!)

... and some day I might actually play the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
When the postman handed over that parcel, I feared the worst ... the box was battered and dented! But the game inside was totally unharmed!
Great job! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Whew!

I have had a few folks email me with pictures of dented game boxes. Makes me wonder what the heck they were doing with the shipping boxes

-Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and I will not hesitate to replaced damaged parts, box or otherwise.

I do ask that if you recieve a box that's beaten badly, that you take a picture of the packaging and send it to me. That will let me extract my pound of flesh from the US Postal Service for their negligence (that's what shipping insurance is for, after all )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
To clarify: my shipping box was dented, not the game box! The wrapper you used did an incredible job and protected the game well against clumsy and uncaring postal services all around the globe meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
To clarify: my shipping box was dented, not the game box! The wrapper you used did an incredible job and protected the game well against clumsy and uncaring postal services all around the globe :meeple:

Extremely happy to hear that!

I actually was just posting that in case someone else was left staring at a dented game box...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Shipping with USPS is some sort of strange race. As Mark did split the 6 copy pledge into two parcels. One is already at the customs waiting for me picking it up, the other is still somewhere in transit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Frazier
United States
Amelia
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Yea, I've seen that happen with a few of them. One order had three boxes - two showed up a full week before the third one arrived.

You'd certainly think that they would all go out together... but USPS is rather opaque about their system. I wish I could use Fedex or UPS, but their charges were simply astronomical.

For the next project(s), I intend to find someone over in Europe that I can dropship some of the games directly to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Knechtskern
Germany
Groebenzell
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ganraeln wrote:

You'd certainly think that they would all go out together... but USPS is rather opaque about their system. I wish I could use Fedex or UPS, but their charges were simply astronomical.

This European is really happy that you not did use one of these. The brokerage fees they put on top of the VAT we have to pay is way over the top...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausKnechtskern wrote:
Ganraeln wrote:

This European is really happy that you not did use one of these. The brokerage fees they put on top of the VAT we have to pay is way over the top...

This Canadian concurs. UPS and Fedex are modern day robber barons when it comes to gouging internationals on handling fees. USPS is the only way to go.

As it happens, my game arrived here in Western Canada yesterday in perfect condition. Good work Mark and Ed. I got all the tiles punched and bagged. Now the long task of sticker application is underway. Many evenings of TV watching will see this mission through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrebelo wrote:
Now the long task of sticker application is underway. Many evenings of TV watching will see this mission through.

It's not that bad - two hours of concentrated work and you're through!

What I really found impressive is the fact that all these cylinders and discs were dyed, counted and packed by hand ... that's some job! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.