Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking over the GAMA Wizkids pics, and I find this with Attack Wing, and I am at a loss to determine what it is. Any fans out there better informed than I?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Cordova
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's a Vidiian starship:

"http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Vidiian_starship_(2371-2372)"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hooray for Vidiian's! Wonder if they are coming in the Borg Collective blind boosters since there is no mention of them in the normal releases up through October.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! The fact it came from Voyager explains why I have no idea what it is. I still haven't watched much of that show, despite the fact I periodically have people telling me that it was underrated. Maybe its an OP "Episode" ship, like the Gorn and Tholians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Sutekh418 wrote:
Maybe its an OP "Episode" ship, like the Gorn and Tholians?

No the Vidiians stuck around for a while, I can think of a good half-dozen or dozen episodes from Voyager that featured them (both positively and negatively, although mostly they were the bad guys). I thought they were one of the more interesting species in the first few seasons of Voyager (certainly more than the Kazon).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That doesn't mean they couldn't use it for an OP Episode; the Tholians appeared a few times on Enterprise, as well as their appearance on TOS. I'm just thinking an OP thing in terms of the ship serving as a prize for a single OP event in which it is also a central factor. (Looking up the link on the Vidiians, I'm readily seeing the opportunity to cleverly construct a "Deadlock" episode, in addition to "The Tholian Web" and "Arena".)

But, who knows? Maybe as suggested above, it'll just be an OP blind booster ship...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahh, sorry I misunderstood. OP for organized play, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
I think given that this was displayed as a complete model and all the retail expansions through like wave 10 are known, OP prize or "brick" ship is the smart bet on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boardgame Geek
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Should be an interesting ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting to see if they do something with the Phage... hopefully not just another crew ganker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:
Interesting to see if they do something with the Phage... hopefully not just another crew ganker.

Maybe the scenario involves trying to rescue a crew member that has been permanently disabled by recovering his stolen lungs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Evans
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lordrahvin wrote:
Maybe the scenario involves trying to rescue a crew member that has been permanently disabled by recovering his stolen lungs?

Ewww! gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dc0nklin wrote:

Maybe it will be an upgrade that only has negative effects on the ship. Kinda like Tribbles, but without the positive buff for everyone else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.