Subject: Cursed dice confusion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok so I roll the black die and it matches 1 investigation on a green die. Both dice are then removed. I cannot complete any task so I remove one more green die and now have 4 dice left to roll.

So now what happens?
1. does the black die go back into the next roll with the chance to further eliminate another green die, or does it simply stay out of play having done its damage for this turn?

2. does it capture any further dice in my next roll with a matching symbol and remove it as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 3 of Unseen Forces rules wrote:
After each roll (and after all rerolls, abilities, or terror effects have been resolved), if the investigator’s black die result matches the result of any other die in his dice pool, he discards the black die and the matching die from his dice pool. If more than one die matches the black die result, the investigator chooses one matching die to discard with the black die.

The black die stays in the investigator’s dice pool until it matches the result of another die and is discarded, or the investigator ends his turn. The black die cannot be discarded as the result of a failed roll, does not trigger terror effects, and cannot be affected by item and spell cards, investigator abilities, or clue tokens. For example, it cannot be secured by a Spell card, and its result cannot be changed by Marie Lambeau’s ability.
The highlighted bits pretty much cover it.

You add it to your Dice Pool and roll. If you get a match the Cursed Die and matched Die are Discarded from your Dice Pool and remain that way until you next build your Dice Pool (usually on your next turn).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel J.
Mongolia
Ulaanbaatar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks heaps! i'm usually pretty good with rules, but this one just had me stumped for some reason...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
AON DE GENG!! ALAAF!!
badge
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also am unclear about something regarding the cursed/blessed dice.
The rules state:
"If a player loses his Blessed or Cursed card in the middle of resolving an adventure, he does not remove the appropriate die from his pool until he rolls his dice pool again."

Well... isn't that immediately then??? The way this is worded makes no sense to me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It covers things like the following situation:

You have two tasks left on the adventure to complete. One of the tasks has a requirement that you become Cursed. You roll three dice and can satisfy the task that Curses you with one of the dice and you choose to do so.

The rule lets you know that you don't need to roll the Cursed die yet to see if it removes a die from the other two you just rolled. You do need to include the die in your next roll, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.