Subject: Final Boss question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The latest update revealed that there would be one final boss in the base game and one as a KS exclusive only at certain pledge levels. Are these the bosses that would be used in a solo game? Or have you still not revealed those bosses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HerschelHoffmeyer wrote:
The final boss has been bumped up to multiplayer as well. The mechanics differentiate between solo play and multiplayer games but both the Titanoceratops and G-Rex are solo and multiplayer final bosses.

Must say I find this disappointing. It frustrates me as a solo player that in order to get 1 of the 2 solo bosses I have to enter at a certain pledge level. I don't mind you giving out KS exclusives and I don't mind you giving them out for specific pledge levels. I am just disappointed that you chose to use this card as the one to do it with. You have basically told the solo community that if they want the other half of the solo possibilities for your game then they need to pledge at a higher level. From early on you advertised that this game would have solo play, I am just rather frustrated that you decided to make us pay more for 1/2 of the solo game.

Just thoughts from a disappointed potential backer.

Edit: These are not the only 2 solo bosses in the game. Unfortunately, I missed that information when it was disseminated somewhere by the designer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HerschelHoffmeyer wrote:
The final boss has been bumped up to multiplayer as well. The mechanics differentiate between solo play and multiplayer games but both the Titanoceratops and G-Rex are solo and multiplayer final bosses.

I case anyone is wondering these final bosses are not the only bosses you use with a solo game. Apparently each apex dinosaur will also have a boss. So there are 11 bosses in the game for solo play, one of which is KS exclusive and requires a higher pledge level to get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Szymas
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dekryr wrote:
So there are 11 bosses in the game for solo play, one of which is KS exclusive and requires a higher pledge level to get.

It requires a higher pledge for those of us planning to play with other people too; not sure what your fuss is about.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
AndySzy wrote:
Dekryr wrote:
So there are 11 bosses in the game for solo play, one of which is KS exclusive and requires a higher pledge level to get.

It requires a higher pledge for those of us planning to play with other people too; not sure what your fuss is about.

My fuss is that I misunderstood. I thought these were the only 2 solo bosses in the game (I was incorrect). In which case half of the solo game would be KS exclusive and required a higher pledge, which I found disappointing.

I will say again. These are not the only 2 bosses that would be used in the solo game and I therefore do not mind this extra boss being KS exclusive nearly as much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HerschelHoffmeyer wrote:
In a solo game you have 3 territories. Each one of these territories has a boss. Then you have a final boss. For single player only, each Apex Dinosaur is a final boss but only one is chosen randomly. So If you play as Rex, Spinosaurus could be your final boss. You also have the Universal Final bosses Titanoceratops and G.Rex that can be used as a final boss for either Single Player or Multiplayer.

So in total in a one player game you will take on 2-3 territory bosses and a final boss. You must dominate 2 out of 3 territories by the time the final boss shows up. If you don;t, you lose. If you beat the final boss you win. If you dominate 3 territories before the final boss shows up you win.

There is also different difficulty levels.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much for clearing this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.