Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Played about 5 games of Star Realms this weekend, and so far I'm really loving it. I tend to gravitate towards Blob and whatever the blue guys are called. Yellow seems great too, but I really can't understand why I would ever want Machine Cult. Scrapping that often hasn't clicked with me yet, and I was hoping someone could sell me on that whole faction.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditya C
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They aren't the easiest to use. But the goal is to remove all the vipers and scouts. This leaves you with a deck full of upper tier ships and you'll do extremely consistent damage.

You can even buy some upper tier ships from other factions and you will draw them almost every turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrapping out as many of your starting cards as you can is a powerful strategy. I had a game where I had a couple scrapers and a couple card draws. I could draw my entire deck at the end including getting out a couple bases. When I hit that point it was pretty much game over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Ah! Gotcha. Will try and buy them in the next game and see how that strategy works out. I really like the blob's high attack and drawing cards every once in awhile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Machine Cult ship that gives two coin and lets you scrap a card is one of my favorite early buys. No matter what colors I end up going with I'm always happy to pick up a Machine Cult ship or two early game to help accelerate my ability to draw better cards. It's all about increasing the overall quality of your card draws (by eliminating the weak ones).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Qunell
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the scrapping cards, both with Star Realms and Ascension. I like to see how quick I can get rid of all the starting cards. Works well if you can get rid of enough of them quick enough. You just have to hope the game doesn't move too quickly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.