Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm glad to see this game coming stateside, but I don't really care for the retheme. Are there any plans for an edition with the original art?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend trying to order it directly from the author. I was able to get an English copy a few months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Unfortunately, I just contacted Seiji Kanai, and he informed me that he was out of English versions. I may still try to order a Japanese version, if necessary (and if possible, as he only had a few of those left as well).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, I just contacted Seiji Kanai, and he informed me that he was out of English versions. I may still try to order a Japanese version, if necessary (and if possible, as he only had a few of those left as well).

Ooo—I would be all over a Japanese version.

Can you GM me the e-mail you wrote to?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I just sent him a Geekmail:

Seiji Kanai
Japan
flag msg tools
designer
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Marshall
United Kingdom
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LeinadColtrane wrote:
Oh, I just sent him a Geekmail:

Seiji Kanai
Japan
flag msg tools
designer
mb

Yup, Seiji was very helpful when I geekmailed him about an English copy of R - fortunately for me he still had some left at that point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Moore
United States
Elmhurst
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know a street date in the US? I like the silly Scottish rat theme.

tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
BraveRats is printed and ready to ship.

And you will be happy to know that we are also releasing a limited run special edition of R in English to promote the game. Right now, the plan is to distribute it on BGG.com (as a promo item or contest prize) and also at some of the bigger gaming cons in the US: Origins, Gen, BGG, etc.

If we get enough positive feedback, we will consider doing a larger production / distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:

And you will be happy to know that we are also releasing a limited run special edition of R in English to promote the game. Right now, the plan is to distribute it on BGG.com (as a promo item or contest prize) and also at some of the bigger gaming cons in the US: Origins, Gen, BGG, Dice Tower.

Awesome, that's excellent news! I really hope it's a promo item, because I have awful luck with contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meeple Bunker
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think an English release of the original is a great idea. I can't get behind the "cute" versions of these games that we tend to get in America, or when someone wants to slap their own IP on top of it. I guess I just prefer the aesthetic of the originals, including things like Cheaty Mages and Lover Letter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
The promo versions with the original art and rules have arrived!!

We will be giving them out at the ACD Distribution trade show in Wisconsin at the end of May. They will almost certainly be handed out at our booth at Origins and Gen Con too. And I will be keeping a handful on me at all of our local community events in the bay area (Maker Faire, Kubla Con, meetups, etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel DeMars
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. I will be sure to look for you at Gencon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:
The promo versions with the original art and rules have arrived!!

We will be giving them out at the ACD Distribution trade show in Wisconsin at the end of May. They will almost certainly be handed out at our booth at Origins and Gen Con too. And I will be keeping a handful on me at all of our local community events in the bay area (Maker Faire, Kubla Con, meetups, etc).

I'll definitely be checking you guys out at Origins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Wichita
Kansas
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any further info on the previously mentioned plan to have them available on BGG? Probably can't make it out to any conventions any time soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
macroidtoe wrote:
Any further info on the previously mentioned plan to have them available on BGG? Probably can't make it out to any conventions any time soon...

It is something we are still considering, but no decision yet. We need to see how many we go through at Origins. We only printed a limited number and want to make sure they last through the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandaniel wrote:
macroidtoe wrote:

It is something we are still considering, but no decision yet. We need to see how many we go through at Origins. We only printed a limited number and want to make sure they last through the year.

Will there still be copies of R at Gen Con? What is the booth number?

Edit: booth 348?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing people talk about this as being "Love Letter for Two People" has it on my radar, but the new artwork almost took it directly off. That an English version of R even exists is good news, but if I won't be back in the country in time for GenCon then I have to hope that some of the people who obtain copies turn around and flip them. I'll pay a markup over what the regular retail version costs I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
townsean wrote:
Will there still be copies of R at Gen Con? What is the booth number?

Edit: booth 348?

Yes. And Yes, 348.

We will have 100 copies available at Gen Con. $15 by itself. $10 if you bundle it with BraveRats (which will also be sold at $10). and Free if you spend $50 on new 2014 games.

Because we sold out at origins, we will be limiting it to 25 units per day at Gen Con. So come early in the day if you want one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Scholes
United States
Stafford Springs
Connecticut
flag msg tools
EYEL1NER wrote:
Seeing people talk about this as being "Love Letter for Two People" has it on my radar, but the new artwork almost took it directly off. That an English version of R even exists is good news, but if I won't be back in the country in time for GenCon then I have to hope that some of the people who obtain copies turn around and flip them. I'll pay a markup over what the regular retail version costs I guess.

I've seen at least one of these on ebay, so I think you should have some luck. The markup was quite steep, but that's to be expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
oscholes wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

I've seen at least one of these on ebay, so I think you should have some luck. The markup was quite steep, but that's to be expected.

I suppose that I should start checking eBay since GenCon is over. Hope I can find something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandan Parsons
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
We just shipped 50 copies to the geek to sell in the bgg store. Not sure about the turn around time on availability, so keep your eyes peeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Georgina Dear
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Did these ever go on sale? I've been looking at the BGG Store every couple of days, but perhaps I missed them.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DearGeorgina wrote:
Did these ever go on sale? I've been looking at the BGG Store every couple of days, but perhaps I missed them.

Cheers.

I am not 100% sure, so don't hold me to it, but I don't think they have. I figure that if they had just shipped them to BGG at the end of August, the copies were probably not received in time for the Sept store update. At the beginning of Oct when the store updates again, they might appear? That is what I am hoping anyway, I really want a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LuAnn Hensel
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now on sale in the BGG Store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, just bought a copy and a Starfire DC promo for $13.XX shipped. Today feels awesome now. I can finally delete that $15 copy of R (that's $15 before shipping, so $20+) from my watch list on eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.