Hide
3 Posts

Cornish Smuggler» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some newb questions about the game - secrets cards and storehouses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Turner
msg tools
Hi, my gf and I played this game for the first time on Sunday - found it a bit over whelming (we are not board game experts) but are looking forward to having another, proper go very soon.

There are a couple of things we were not clear on though and hoped someone may be able to assist.

1) Secret cards. We thought we understood the way these worked - when a card is drawn from the deck, the player takes a look, but keeps it face down (secret) until they wish to use it.

This made sense until I got the 'knowledge transfer' card - which states you can take another player's 'face up' secret card. When would another player have a face up card?

2) On a related note, what does 'discover secret' as an action actually entail - taking another secrets card from the desk?

3) And finally, a very specific question - can you sell goods direct from a store house if a customers officer is present in that town? I kind of assume not but the rules don;t seem to specify.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dickinson
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Some secret cards remain in play. So when used they would be face up in front of the player who owns them.

2. Discover secret is an action used to get a secret card into your hand. (As oppposed to waiting to gain one through an opponent selling a goods shape).

3. No. The town needs to be clear of customs unless you have bribed the customs officer present.

Hope that helps
Chris

PS welcome to BGG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Turner
msg tools
Thank you for your quick reply, and yes that was very helpful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.