Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Hey, buddy, can you spare a role?
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmb
I'm loving this game. And I can't wait to pick up the Spider-Man expansion in a couple of weeks.

I'm really loving all the custom things people make, especially that Legendary randomizer over at tablemonkey. Super mega Kudos go out to.... [insert user name here which is escaping me at the moment] for making it.

However, with all the custom cards and schemes I have, I would like to be able to include them in the randomizer. Anyone know how to do that? Or could point me in the direction of a walk-through on how to make a simple excel one or something? My programming knowledge is limited to theater programs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The easiest way I can think to do this is dump all the cards onto an excel sheet and number them in the next column then use the random number formula =INT((upeer-lower+1)*RAND()+lower) (Don't ask me how it works ) to pick which sets you are using.

I'm sure it could be made fancier using lookup tables and stuff. Feel free to send me mail if you would like some more specific instructions.

Cheers,
Luke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
I jotted it down in my Risk campaign book. I always used to do that so I could replay my moments of glory over a glass of brandy in the sleeping quarters. --Arnold J. Rimmer--
mbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I decided to do a quick mock up on Excel of how it could work. I've uploaded it to the files section here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101799/scalable-excel-lege...

It's by no means as fancy as some of the other excellent randomisers out there but should be straight forward to add your own custom card sets to the available pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Son0fVader wrote:
I decided to do a quick mock up on Excel of how it could work. I've uploaded it to the files section here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/101799/scalable-excel-lege...

It's by no means as fancy as some of the other excellent randomisers out there but should be straight forward to add your own custom card sets to the available pool.

And I shall be borrowing some of your formulas to make a frankenforula with the other excel randomizer to make a unified one. I will post when I am done with instructions to add custom heroes (a la your sheet). I will credit both parties in my post. Hope that you don't mind. If you do, I will not post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
And I shall be borrowing some of your formulas to make a frankenforula with the other excel randomizer to make a unified one. I will post when I am done with instructions to add custom heroes (a la your sheet). I will credit both parties in my post. Hope that you don't mind. If you do, I will not post it.

Of course not, would be ideal if the idea was incorporated into one of the fancier randomisers (and one without as many spelling errors as mine).

Let me know if you need any help on tweaking the formula to suit your spreadsheet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher
United States
Allentown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Someone had posted an excel sheet awhile ago, but with the online one, it was never updated And I was never able to make it work. And I don't know enough about excel to make it work, or make something myself. Thanks to the community for pulling together for me and making something simple that doesn't have to be online to use. (Not online all the time? the horror!)

(And I don't have a tablet/Iphone to use any of the apps people made. I still live in the stone age.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using the spreadsheet you mentioned and relearning how to do random macros. I will be relying on that one heavily for look and process, just adding a spot to add custom heroes/villains/everything. I can shoot you a trial run before I make it live and you can look it over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Randles
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mattimeo84 wrote:
I can shoot you a trial run before I make it live and you can look it over.

Sure, any excuse to play around with Macros!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Trudgen
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
Seize the game!
badge
Truly Scrumtrulescent!
mbmbmbmbmb
Son0fVader wrote:
mattimeo84 wrote:
I can shoot you a trial run before I make it live and you can look it over.

Sure, any excuse to play around with Macros!

Ok, I think I have it working. I included all of the Custom Heroes, Villains, Master Minds and Henchmen I have added to my game.

I don't have the custom schemes added yet cause some of them scare me to figure out.

Custom Heroes, Villains, and Henchmen require no additional work to include.

Schemes and Master Minds require some tinkering to add customs, but I can explain that process.

Anyways, long post short, GM me with your email if you want to test drive my randomizer. Let's test drive a week or so before I publish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.