Popular Tags: [View All]
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how things started:

I wasn't happy with this, given the number of relatively delicate components knocking about together in a box, so I decided to build my own foamboard (or foamcore or whatever you want to call it) insert. It's the first time I've built an insert for a game, but believe me – it won't be the last. zombie

Three videos (this one and the two sequels) and five hours of cutting and sticking later, here's how it ended up. Let's start with the box.

Take the lid off...

Get the rulebook, FAQ and teaching script out of the way to reveal another lid.

Take that inner lid off to find the player boards, scoreboard and player aids.

Get those out of the way and remove the lids of the two (lift-out) coin boxes at the top:

Take the lid off the lower section and lift the coin boxes out to reveal the player pieces and sector hexes (2–3 player hexes on the left, 4–6 player hexes on the right, home sectors in the middle).

Oh, and that tray of player pieces lifts out too...

...and underneath we find the galaxy boards and technology cards (again, separated into 2–3 / 4–6 player decks). Leader cards are sitting underneath the action cards in the top-left corner.

"But where's the Arbiter token? Where's the phase marker?" Don't worry, they're in there too, in a little cut-out underneath the home sectors.

Here's the insert with everything removed:

I'm really pleased with it, especially for a first-time attempt with foamboard and given that I was basically making it up as I went along (only a very rough plan to begin with). There are a few things I'd do differently if I were to make it again, but everything goes in and the lid closes nearly all the way!

Anyone else come up with any neat inserts for Hegemonic?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathe
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
http://www.Game-Universe.com
badge
http://www.MinionGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That's so awesome. I wish I had one!

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPGShop wrote:
That's so awesome. I wish I had one!

James

Thanks! It really wasn't difficult. My art/craft/DIY skills are generally more Surgeon Simulator than Michelangelo, but with a bit of thought and patience it all came together. Anyone can do this... as long as they have the spare time. I'm sure I'll get quicker as I make more inserts, but some of this was slooooow going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Shaw
United States
Kennesaw
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are your cards sleeved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Owain B
United Kingdom
Corbridge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sokadr wrote:
Are your cards sleeved?

The action cards are, yes. I figured they get the most handling and need to remain the most secret, so they're in lovely KMC Hyper Mat sleeves.

If I ever want to sleeve the tech cards, there's enough room around the edges in their compartments, but I'm not sure about depth. That said, there's enough spare depth in the action card well to take a fair few of the tech cards if I needed to move things around to fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.