Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not a big wargamer. I don't seek faithful simulation of historical events, I like some trashy fun with minis and dice but still yielding good strategy. Is Tide of Iron different enough mechanically and strategically to warrant seeking it out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tide of Iron is definitely a light tactical wargame. It is not card driven and it does incorporate several elements such as overwatch, penalties for firing on the move, combined fire, etc. which you can find in other tactical wargames. I think it is a good bridge between Memoir '44 and true tactical games like the CONFLICT OF HEROES series and SQUAD LEADER.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Baker
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Awakening the Bear 2E, but I don't think I'll ever find someone to play it with, so I'm feeling Tide of Iron might be trashy enough to get my buddies to play. I don't think AtB is for me anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saloonstudios wrote:
I have Awakening the Bear 2E, but I don't think I'll ever find someone to play it with, so I'm feeling Tide of Iron might be trashy enough to get my buddies to play. I don't think AtB is for me anyway.

Well, you CAN get to roll a ton of dice in ToI, so I believe that is trashy enough! It's a good game system, albeit fiddly, and you do have to scrounge around for balanced scenarios. Best of all it's supported again since 1A Games has taken over from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.