Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Lykowski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is just a quick post to thank all my backers and everyone that has been involved with Nova Cry so far. I am reposting an update I put on Kickstarter (March 26, 2014) and hope this gives more insight into the post-art production schedule for this game.

I also want to thank Michael from Game Salute for addressing in other forums on BGG here the production issues/delays that GS is experiencing with other titles at the moment (http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/171113/game-salute-a-cauti...). (I don't support the tone or attitude of the backers in this list, but am simply encouraged by Michael's responses in this forum). I think everyone here is very appreciate of his effort to keep us in the loop. I also hope, as I mention in the update below, that everyone can get behind Game Salute and cheer them on to the finish line to make this a fantastic game.

Here is my Kickstarter update--please let me know if you have any questions!

"Hi Backers!

This is just a reminder that I handed over all details of production, as well as this Kickstarter account, to Game Salute on February 11th and have asked them to provide any/all updates to us as they have become available. The last word of progress that I've received from them is that they were waiting on a quote for some pieces from China. I e-mailed the specific components that would be needed to Game Salute in October 2013, so I'm hoping this step in production can be expedited.

I know some of you have also requested a timeline of what was accomplished after the art was completed, which I think is fair given how far we have gone past our deadline. I am providing this data simply for information purposes only, and ask that you refrain from making any judgments on our overseas manufacturers, artist, Game Salute, myself, or any other party involved. We are all a team here and are working very hard to make Nova Cry come to fruition, and I'm excited about it's release as I was a year ago! I understand not everyone will have a use for the data I’ve provided below, so if these items do not interest or concern you, please feel free to ignore it.

June 19, 2013—With the art completed/paid, I ask Game Salute to refer me to their graphic designer.

June 24, 2013—Cody, the graphic designer, begins work on the card/layout design. He requests that I send the most up to date rulebook as well.

Sept 11, 2013—I provide all final card and component data (minus final rulebook tweaks) to Game Salute. Cody begins the graphic design in earnest.

During this time, I request…

-2 retries for the layouts of the ship/captain cards

-Text clarifications/changes for ~10 cards

-1 font size changes to all the cards.

-Changes to the card backs.

-Aesthetic changes to the Discovery Table and 1” alert tokens.

Dec 12, 2013—I provide final tweaks/changes to the rulebook. (The rulebook provided in July 2013 was 98% complete.)

February 11, 2014—I completely hand over the production to Game Salute. My input is complete at this point. Game Salute informed me that the tweaks I requested above are what caused the graphic design to extend 6-7 months. Thank you again for your patience and I hope we can see some exciting production progress here soon!

Steve"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for sacrificing your game to game salute so that others may tread lightly. I only wish you could realize your board game dreams.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
:C.h.r.i.s. M.c.G.o.w.a.n:
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do still look forward to getting this game. I have set my expectation for a GenCon 2015 release date. Anything sooner will be a bonus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.