Popular Tags: [View All]
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From my limited experience in Warhammer, it seemed like most of the people I met only played 1 or maybe 2 different races/armies. I'm sure a huge part of this is the cost and time required to actually assemble an army but no doubt a lot of people got into the story and lore of a faction and fell in with them.

In L5R, lots of people pick one of the great clans and only play that clan, with maybe a 2nd one for fun. I know when I played I considered myself a Phoenix player, and had a janky Dragon deck just to fool around with from time to time.

Do you think you'll be picking 1 faction and sticking with it or breaking down and rebuilding decks to try all kinds of different combinations? In Netrunner I hop around from faction to faction but again, I know a lot of people who only play faction X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Folkert
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I get this game, I would most likely experiment with all factions equally. If I every gravitate toward a certain faction, it's usually because it's considered less powerful in the overall metagame, and I view that as a challenge to succeed with said faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to make use of every faction/character in the games I buy, through in my love of the 40k lore and I can't see why this would be any different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Identifying with a faction is a great part of the fun, from my point of view.
No matter that the business model allows us to get all the cards.
Even in Netrunner i run with my chosen faction (Anarch). I may win or lose, but either way i'm playing with my faction.

W40k Conquest won't be an exception. I'll defend the interests of the Dark Eldar race. Maybe with Chaos, maybe with our cousins... maybe alone. But Dark Eldar any way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I'll find a faction that I like more than the others but I wouldn't play it to the exclusion of the other factions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. E. Freeman
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darksbane wrote:
I'm sure I'll find a faction that I like more than the others but I wouldn't play it to the exclusion of the other factions.

This, but I already know my main faction will be Eldar. I never could resist elves in space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Fox
United States
Fall River
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I think I'll probably end up avoiding imperial guard because space marines feels kinda boring in comparison to space demons, space elves, or any of the other choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they change the LCG distribution model, it's not like you can buy cards from just one faction. I'm sure I'll play everything because I'll have everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Alameda
California
flag msg tools
...do not calle up That which you cannot put downe; either from dead saltes or out of ye Spheres beyond.
badge
Wicked Lich of the West
mbmbmbmbmb
Necrons because that is who- wait! Never mind...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Orr
United States
Beaver Dams
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. -Dr. Seuss
mbmbmbmbmb
Orks...Because Waaaaaaaaagggghhh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Robertson
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tau, cause anime Mechs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoltán Mészáros
Hungary
Budaörs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on my prior experience with Warhammer : Invasion, I probably end up playing all, but not equally.

For me it depends both on flavor and game mechanics for a faction.

For W:I I played Chaos, Dark Elves and Skaven the most, while I played Empire in rare occassions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
Unless they change the LCG distribution model, it's not like you can buy cards from just one faction. I'm sure I'll play everything because I'll have everything.

Yeah, you're probably going to wind up with a pretty even mix of cards due to how the packs work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Musashi Dynamo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that if you're into the competitive scene, tournaments and such, you want to go through more than 1 faction - i don't see how they could make all factions viable at the same time , all the time.

Look at Netrunner - the meta changes with each Data Pack, and true, some cards get into almost every deck (Jackson Howard) while new cards suddenly create new opportunities in different factions.

I honestly hope to go through all of them and also the theme and gameplay variety brought up by playing different factions to be there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixi82 wrote:
I think that if you're into the competitive scene, tournaments and such, you want to go through more than 1 faction - i don't see how they could make all factions viable at the same time , all the time.

Look at Netrunner - the meta changes with each Data Pack, and true, some cards get into almost every deck (Jackson Howard) while new cards suddenly create new opportunities in different factions.

I honestly hope to go through all of them and also the theme and gameplay variety brought up by playing different factions to be there.

I go to tournaments and still stick to my favourite faction, no matter the game (aye, Netrunner even).

Maybe i dont get the best deck out ther, but i keep true to my faction, and enjoy the game playing the way i want. And when i win, something sometimes happen even to those who play for fun, oh man laugh
BTW, losing with your chosen faction is not a tragedy, you have enjoyed the tournament after all, and better lose with your faction and enjoy it than winning with another one and not getting fun of it.

I play competitive, aye, but i play for fun, thats the main objetive.
I've already have a work to earn money, no need to be bored in my spare time with my hobbies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tokhuah wrote:
Necrons because that is who- wait! Never mind...

I'll play Necrons, too.

I'll just have to wait for the monthly expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don David
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Burn the heretic, Kill the mutant, Purge the unclean.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek A. K.
United States
flag msg tools
designer
ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M N
Canada
Truro
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll try them all but I am a big Chaos and Dark Eldar fan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Puig
Spain
Tarragona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

DARK ELDER sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Depends on how they play. I used to be a Dark Eldar player on the tabletop but the new rules are not user friendly. I had been playing the game since 1988 but gave it up because of the new rules(and GW thinking its customers are cash cows). I would like to play the Dark Eldar in this game but if they dont have a unique mechanic that I like I wont play them at all. I did the same thing with Warhammer:Invasion. The Empire was just unplayable for me with all the other abilities of the other races. Funny enough it was the High Elves I played in that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.