Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife and I were playing the Mount Washington scenario and we got into a tiff about where the snow goes

This is a picture of the (slightly blurry) mid game. If it snowed at this point, where do the cubes go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC snow goes on empty station excavation spaces and track cards (finished or not) in the MW scenario...2 cubes per 'space' according to the excavation work rate. You 'skip' occupied spaces but they still count against the work rate, so a small dump of snow will result in (effectively) no cubes going on in a situation like this (from what I can make out!)

Anyway, stop bickering and play some Jungfraubahn...it's got dynamite!!!

Love,
Tony

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paula
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
From the rule book: Look at the current Excavation Work Rate (the image shows the work rate at 4) and then, counting back from the HIGHEST partially - or fully - excavated building site or track card, fill that many excavation building site and/or cleared track card with two rubble cubes each (even if this goes over the maximum for the space) from the general supply - in this scenario you DO include competed track cards as well! Skip, but still count from the work rate, any station spaced containing player ownership cubes.

Trying to help clarify this a bit. In the image from the OP, it looks like the track card in the upper right corner has 2 rubble pieces on a 3-rubble track card, which makes it the highest partially excavated area in the game. Does that card get 2 rubble? The next card to the left is a 4-rubble card that looks to also have 2 pieces of rubble on it. At a work rate of 4, would this card then count as number 2 out of 4 work rate points and receive 2 rubble? The next card to the left has two excavated building spots with ownership cubes. Are those skipped but counted as step 3 and 4 in the work rate, completing the "snow" event?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
callitags wrote:
Trying to help clarify this a bit. In the image from the OP, it looks like the track card in the upper right corner has 2 rubble pieces on a 3-rubble track card, which makes it the highest partially excavated area in the game. Does that card get 2 rubble? The next card to the left is a 4-rubble card that looks to also have 2 pieces of rubble on it. At a work rate of 4, would this card then count as number 2 out of 4 work rate points and receive 2 rubble? The next card to the left has two excavated building spots with ownership cubes. Are those skipped but counted as step 3 and 4 in the work rate, completing the "snow" event?

I think I agree, but I had to blow it up to work it out.

I had major headaches working out a similar situation in the Jungfrau scenario, as the rules just didn't make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Martin
United States
Reynoldsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the blurry shots. I think we were back and forth about exactly what constitutes "highest" and then which direction to go after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So how did you decide what "highest" meant? Highest point value on a card or highest "point on the mountain?" Played it for the first time and where to place the snow confused me. Don't know why this is so unclear to me but any help is appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Karenv731 wrote:
So how did you decide what "highest" meant? Highest point value on a card or highest "point on the mountain?" Played it for the first time and where to place the snow confused me. Don't know why this is so unclear to me but any help is appreciated.

The closest to the 'end' of the line of cards: Jungfrau, Mt Washington and Zugspitze are scenarios that are one-way ie. up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.