Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last game since there was nothing anyone could do we all start putting all our laborers ( we each had 3 ) on the "move the surveyor place" which landed all of us on on the last station and scored the same. Unless I read the rule wrong it seems like you can put all your laborers on that spot on the same round which renders it almost meaningless. It would seem that you should put only one of your laborers on per each round instead of each turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can put as many laborers on the surveyor space as you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding of the way the surveyor works suggests you were going it right, though I'm at work and don't have the rules in front of me. I'm curious why nobody could do anything else. Fog would disable excavating and laying track, but someone should still be able to collect/convert resources, work on a station, or collect contract cards. The surveyor space is meaningless if everyone just maxes out their surveyor movement, but if everyone else is going straight surveyor, you should be able to clean up on other actions. Was everyone hoarding resources and refusing to spend them or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
My understanding of the way the surveyor works suggests you were going it right, though I'm at work and don't have the rules in front of me. I'm curious why nobody could do anything else. Fog would disable excavating and laying track, but someone should still be able to collect/convert resources, work on a station, or collect contract cards. The surveyor space is meaningless if everyone just maxes out their surveyor movement, but if everyone else is going straight surveyor, you should be able to clean up on other actions. Was everyone hoarding resources and refusing to spend them or something?

And if everyone is hoarding resources, it makes it more likely for events to come up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oph1d1an wrote:
Because of the events, the last station card was taken and all the other building spaces were gone or the stations that had building spaces left were owned by the game through events, so everything was tied up and the only option was to move the surveyor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Edwards
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
Oph1d1an wrote:
Because of the events, the last station card was taken and all the other building spaces were gone or the stations that had building spaces left were owned by the game through events, so everything was tied up and the only option was to move the surveyor

Huh. That's interesting. I haven't had that happen yet. I can see how that would be annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to happen in a lot of my solo games, as the game overtakes you, and builds it to completion. I guess you could have speculated on a contact to try and eek a few more points out.

Quote:
Unless I read the rule wrong it seems like you can put all your laborers on that spot on the same round which renders it almost meaningless.

If you read the rules precisely, you can actually put workers on any spaces, making no distinction between occupied or not, which just doesn't seem correct. The side bar summary inserts the word "empty".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.