Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I've found plenty of ways to create good quality prototype components... and for the most part I'm set.

But I have a few projects that require round chits. I've cut out a handful by hand with scissors but that's a rather slow solution and it's lousy on my bad wrists.
My other solution has been sticking labels onto poker chips... but I can't but feel it's overkill.

Is there some sort of tool that can be used to cut out 1+ inch circles out of cardboard? Preferably something reasonably cheap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An arch punch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That'll do the trick.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Spears
United States
Athens
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Arch punch is the way to go - arch punches hate me

Depending on the thickness of your cardboard, you might be able to use the punches used for scrapbooking. EK Tools makes an assortment of punches that I've had luck with (I've use 1/2" to 1 1/2") but not on anything thicker than your average poster board. Beyond this thickness and you really would need something with the quality of an arch punch.

Hobby Lobby carries them (and those 40% off coupons come in handy). Amazon also has a wide selection (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3D...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Richard
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
That actually looks pretty convenient. I'm high tempted to go that route... but I have this funny feeling I should just jump to the Arch Punch.

They'll probably hate me too, but at least I can be sure they'll make decent chits.

Oh heck... maybe I'll just get both. It's just good to know that I won't need to keep using those ugly and hard-to-make hand cut circles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner
United Kingdom
Grimsby
N.E. Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/507240/making-circular-t...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.