Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Koepke
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I ordered a Kaelly Mini on the 11th and as of today I no clue where it is. I got an order confirmation and was billed for it, yet I never got the order much less a shipping notification. I've been trying to get someone at Sodapop to help me. Only person I've actually had contact me back was Ross and all he was able to do was forward an email to the same address I've been trying to get answer me back.

We're going on day 15 since I've made my order. While I understand they may be busy and things take time. I get annoyed whenever I see update after update about the Kickstarter, yet no one seems to have the time to update me on my order.

Customer service experience aside, It would take $210 to get all the new stuff they got coming out. Right now I'm not sure if I'm ready to give them that much money and hope they deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb
I don't have a way to help you except to suggest you also try the SodaPopMini's forums, at least one of their mods should have a hard-line to the right person.

I know they're a pretty small team and have a hard time with all the e-mail volume. (I know I alone e-mailed them twice just asking things about the KS)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
I don't know if this helps or not, but when I ordered Candy and Cola, and Nyan Nyan, from the SPM site it did take a bit longer than the ones I ordered from eBay and Amazon. If it was me I'd stick with the kickstarter,but do what you have to do brother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I'm a bit peeved with them myself.

I ordered the captain and the dark elf (can't remember her name) on the 10th.
On the 17th, a week later, I sent an inquiry with no reply.

On the 20th (I believe) it had still yet to ship, to I put in a request to cancel the order as I no longer wanted it. MM had the captain for $7.
Total was $14 cheaper thru them for the two.

Low and behold, the next day I, out of nowhere with no response, get a shipping notice.

So after work right as I was getting ready to send them a strongly worded email I got an email from Nick.
He explained that he went to cancel it but it had already shipped.

I replied back saying yes, it shipped, AFTER I requested it be canceled after 10 days of nothing.

He apologized for what ever had happened and said that he would make a note that they would be expecting it back and a refund would be processed.

So they were kind once they got the ball rolling.

Well see whether they intend to refund in full or try to keep the shipping.

I hope all goes well for me, as it will directly influence my amount for FK and more so whether I get king Starfire.

As for the KS itself.
A couple thoughts.

I don't see them NOT delivering it, so I wouldn't concern there.

And don't feel feel the need to grab all you can now.
Nothing is exclusive.
And it doesn't look like we're getting a discount at all.

The newest stretch expansion is listed at $30,i can't see it being more than the at retail.
So if that's retail you could likely get it online for $20ish.

Onky reason to get it now would be, to support the project, and guarantee you'll get it sooner rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Litvak
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Foooolish Samurai Warrior!
mbmbmbmbmb
Farley_Lives wrote:
So I ordered a Kaelly Mini on the 11th and as of today I no clue where it is. I got an order confirmation and was billed for it, yet I never got the order much less a shipping notification. I've been trying to get someone at Sodapop to help me. Only person I've actually had contact me back was Ross and all he was able to do was forward an email to the same address I've been trying to get answer me back.

We're going on day 15 since I've made my order. While I understand they may be busy and things take time. I get annoyed whenever I see update after update about the Kickstarter, yet no one seems to have the time to update me on my order.

Customer service experience aside, It would take $210 to get all the new stuff they got coming out. Right now I'm not sure if I'm ready to give them that much money and hope they deliver.

Same boat as you. Ordered Candy and Cola miniature on 3/10 and still processing, not to mention my base set arrived with a missing dungeon tile and I've been trying to contact someone about it. I never got a reply from any of their email addresses, including from Ross himself about either getting my missing tile or where my order is at. I was considering pulling my $200 pledge.

It seems like others have been having a similar issue this month from the several posts on their forum and Facebook page. I posted on their forum along with other concerned users. Deke from SPM came back and said that they're trying to catch up with fulfilling orders since their entire team was preparing/attending GAMA trade show for the last two weeks, and they expect to catch up with all the orders this week.

I'm not quite going to pull my pledge just yet, and continue to give SPM the benefit of the doubt. But if things stay as is, I'll have to back out.

EDIT: Just got a shipping notification for my Candy and Cola an hour after I posted. That's a step forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio P
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
Usually, I don't buy anything from UU.EE. because here in Spain the taxes are horrible. But with Nyan-Nyan I made an exception and I ordered her from their own site.

After a full month without any news from my order I contacted with them using all their emails (inquiries, general...), and after some days, they replied me asking me wait another month in case that the order suffered a delay by UPS. Of course, after another month the order didn't arrive, so I contacted with them again and they sent me another Nyan-Nyan for free (and this new order only took 3 weeks to arrive to my house).

So, I can only ask you to continue trying to contact with them every day.

(Sorry for my english ^^U)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i also ordered on the 12th. it didn't ship tell the 20th and it's still hasn't left the warehouse. my tracking number still says usps hasn't even picked it up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
troyboy81 wrote:
i also ordered on the 12th. it didn't ship tell the 20th and it's still hasn't left the warehouse. my tracking number still says usps hasn't even picked it up...

Hmm...
I'll have to check if mine actually departed.
If not I see no reason they can't stop it in house.

That said, usps tracking is about as reliable as a wet cannon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was emailing store@sodapop about replacement pieces with no answer. So I sent a much more terse email to info@sodapop. I got a reply quickly and they said they would send things out. After a week or 2 went by with nothing, I emailed again and they apologized and then sent it right out.

It took a little doing, but I would say it was overall a positive experience with their customer service. I will also add that they didn't charge me anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Koepke
United States
Eau Claire
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear you all are having problems as well, but somewhat relieved I'm not the only one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Neill
United States
Jacksonille
NC
flag msg tools
They've been pretty good with me. I was missing 2 rattle-bones from the Von Drakk set and they got them right out to me. I'm pretty excited for Forgotten King too. I'm keeping my pledge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
As for the KS itself.

Nothing is exclusive.

The newest stretch expansion is listed at $30,i can't see it being more than the at retail.

Onky reason to get it now would be, to support the project, and guarantee you'll get it sooner rather than later.
Ropya, do you think the FK current KS offer is not a discount at all?

For $100 (excluding shipping, which has a $10 discount), one would get

* FK core (???)
* Mistmourn Coast warband (an expansion, $30 - $20-ish)
* Brave-Mode Candy + Never-Lost Cola (figures, $10)
* Royal Warden (figure, $10)
* Wandering Minstrel (figure, $10)
* 30 acrylic Hearts ($5, based on Litko pricing of acrylic products)
* 12 acrylic Potions ($5)
* 6 Pets (figures, $10)
* Upgrade packs for SDE (???)
* Dark Heroes pack (???)

It would seem then that we would be paying $40-ish for the core set and upgrade packs? Would that not be considered a deal since SDE core would have cost $60-ish on discounted retail?

I have not decided if I am going to back FK yet but am curious on whether it is economically justifiable to go ahead with the KS. The "oh shipping cost will be disclosed later" angle detracts from the deal, especially for the non-USA potentials.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I've ordered direct from SPM, their shipping has always been slow. But I've always received the goods. It is a tiny operation, not a big company. I'm willing to cut them slack. Folks who aren't comfortable waiting might not want to order directly from them.

And yes, they've always made good on any packaging problems.

From Deke in the KS comments on FK: "Add-ons are broken out exactly as they will be available at retail, just 20-30% cheaper."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jebbie wrote:
ropya wrote:
As for the KS itself.

Nothing is exclusive.

Ropya, do you think the FK current KS offer is not a discount at all?

For $100 (excluding shipping, which has a $10 discount), one would get

* FK core (???)
* Mistmourn Coast warband (an expansion, $30 - $20-ish)
* Brave-Mode Candy + Never-Lost Cola (figures, $10)
* Royal Warden (figure, $10)
* Wandering Minstrel (figure, $10)
* 30 acrylic Hearts ($5, based on Litko pricing of acrylic products)
* 12 acrylic Potions ($5)
* 6 Pets (figures, $10)
* Upgrade packs for SDE (???)
* Dark Heroes pack (???)

It would seem then that we would be paying $40-ish for the core set and upgrade packs? Would that not be considered a deal since SDE core would have cost $60-ish on discounted retail?

I have not decided if I am going to back FK yet but am curious on whether it is economically justifiable to go ahead with the KS. The "oh shipping cost will be disclosed later" angle detracts from the deal, especially for the non-USA potentials.

For the base set?
I consider it very worth, especially as more gets added to it.

The paid add ons, not so sure of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat_O wrote:
When I've ordered direct from SPM, their shipping has always been slow. But I've always received the goods. It is a tiny operation, not a big company. I'm willing to cut them slack. Folks who aren't comfortable waiting might not want to order directly from them.

And yes, they've always made good on any packaging problems.

From Deke in the KS comments on FK: "Add-ons are broken out exactly as they will be available at retail, just 20-30% cheaper."

Not sure how much if buy that one.

I'd compare the emerald expansion to the rock top gang expansion.
Rock top retails for $35 and sells OLGS at $28.

That would only be about 13% discount for emerald.
It's very close to rock top in count, so I can't see it being more than same in cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cat O\'Mighty
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to Rock Top, Emerald Valley has added 1 more monster, 1 hero, and 1 miniboss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Ry
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cat_O wrote:
Compared to Rock Top, Emerald Valley has added 1 more monster, 1 hero, and 1 miniboss.

The hero yeah, thought rock top had mini boss though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
last month i ordered Nan Nan and captain R and it took them 3 days to ship it out to me not 2 weeks and counting

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ropya wrote:
The paid add ons, not so sure of.

I see it this way too, I think my pledge will likely just be for the base game and maybe one or two extras. But I think that is a strength of this KS. The fact that there's nothing exclusive means we don't have to shell out a load of money up front now.

As to SPM store I ordered Nyan Nyan when she was released and had it in the UK within about 10 days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Silvestri
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nope, Rocktop Gang box only came with the paired spawn points. One of the rocktops is a big base figure, but it didn't come with the miniboss (Rockgut who only comes with CoR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deft Titan
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always tell a really lame joke in the order form where you can put special shipping instructions. All my figures have always arrived quicker than expected.

Now, the email shipping alert from SPM that says my item has shipped is usually a couple days behind. I think I got the shipping alert for a Nyan Nyan AFTER I had received the package.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Thompson
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

I want apologize for our delay. We got behind on shipping, with GAMA prep/show and a temporary shortage of Candy cards. We will be all caught up by Sunday! Thank you for your patience and support.

Also, please feel free to contact me anytime at ross@sodapopminiatures.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy eland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UPDATE. i guess mine was lost in the mail and they refunded my full order. and i didn't even have to ask them to. unlike CMON that took me about 3 months to get my refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
The stretch goals have been pretty weak so far. If the initial pledge wasn't such a good deal, I would almost say Arcadia quest was a better value. With the exception of the 2 heroes, all the loot SGs have been pretty lame compared to the blacksmith goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Caughmann
msg tools
Farley_Lives wrote:
It would take $210 to get all the new stuff they got coming out. Right now I'm not sure if I'm ready to give them that much money and hope they deliver.

Luckily for you, the Kickstarter only costs $100, so you don't have to dump $210 into it to back it if you are debating the worth.

joshuar56 wrote:
With the exception of the 2 heroes, all the loot SGs have been pretty lame compared to the blacksmith goals.

I pretty much agree with you...but I'm pretty sure that was a conscious decision on Soda Pop's part. When considering what to offer for Loot vs. Blacksmith, with the 2 options being:
1. Something cool that most people would probably purchase anyway, eventually
2. Something people would appreciate getting if it was free but would be less likely to spend real money on

It's pretty easy to see which group would be put in Loot, and which would go in Blacksmith. Sure, they may throw a couple things in from Group 1 into the Loot pile, but you can be sure they want to make as much money as possible...and keeping Group 1 items as mostly Blacksmith is the way that's going to happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.