Popular Tags: [View All]
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
When i got my S2 shipment I decided I would wait to see what the price of the promo minis was going to do before I actually opened any of them and I actually still have yet to open any of them.

Im curious though since I haven't really paid attention as a non backer of season 1. Has the price of season 1 promos gone up or is it fairly constant? I really don't like the idea of opening the promos to play with so either way they are probably going to stay NIS but i'm really curious if people think it makes more sense to offload them all now or wait and hope the price goes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, Sell the promos now while the game is new and hot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
IMHO, Sell the promos now while the game is new and hot.

This.

The S1 promos seem to fluctuate in price, but, overall, the average appears to be lower than it was back when they first hit eBay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
S1 to S2 comparisons are difficult, as S1 had less availability of fewer characters, while S2 was a hugely successful KS thus greater availability of lots of characters, so supply and demand doesn't favor S2 being as valuable. Also, S3 is coming soon, so that could either dilute the demand for characters overall, especially if there are a lot of S3 characters, or there is a slight chance that post-S2-KS newbies might increase the demand for S2 exclusives. I would try to sell some of the ones that interest you the least now and see how much you make. You may only be able to decrease the cost to you of S2 rather than make money off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
Also, S3 is coming soon, so that could either dilute the demand for characters overall, especially if there are a lot of S3 characters, or there is a slight chance that post-S2-KS newbies might increase the demand for S2 exclusives.

That's a good point.

S1 promo prices saw a slight increase during and for a while after the S2 KS.

But, I think irrespective of relative demand, the overall trend is downwards, so it's generally better to sell earlier rather than later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sold a sealed box of Wave 2 promos for $200 on eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
Have to agree, unless you're happy to speculatively hang onto them for a few years, any price fluctuations are likely to be minimal, so you're better off selling them ASAP (plus you get to take advantage of the delay before Europe get their copies and you suddenly have more competition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In S3, CMON and GG will be giving away the *cards* for the promotional figures in S1 and S2. I guess that will spark interest in the promos.

Besides. There're something like 44 survivors now?? Do you really need these many to play the game?

I'm keeping my Agatha Christie with the flamethrower, though! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
I'm keeping my Agatha Christie with the flamethrower, though! laugh

Angela Lansbury/Jessica Fletcher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally offloaded my last set yesterday.. for a grand total of $633 just for the promo figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.