Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired this evening by "APLs and Ionzes" the ORS/RO combo I wondered if you could make one for the Imperials. The objective is similar, trap ships in a blocked-ioned-damaged by APL cycle.

2x Bounty Hunter + Ion Cannon + Anti-pursuit Lasers
1x Omicron Group Pilot + Ion Cannon

Thoughts?...don't be too rough this is my first truly original build.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that would just be annoying. I may run this build in my next tournament just for the fun of it.

Beware of Interceptors, they will just fly past you as fast as possible and harass you from behind.

Could you post the ORS/RO build? I'm unfamiliar with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm having trouble imagining how you would set this up. How would get them to continuously hit and activate APL with big ships that have farther 1 straights than a ioned small ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shazbot wrote:
I'm having trouble imagining how you would set this up. How would get them to continuously hit and activate APL with big ships that have farther 1 straights than a ioned small ship?

A 1-straight is the same distance for both a small and a large base ship. Note: A large ship performing a 1-straight will not clear a small ship if facing it with base contact.

The problem with the imperial build is keeping the ship bumping the BHs ionized as the BH won't be able to shoot the ship it is in contact with.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cletus Van Damme

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmb
anextiomarus wrote:
Shazbot wrote:

A 1-straight is the same distance for both a small and a large base ship. Note: A large ship performing a 1-straight will not clear a small ship if facing it with base contact.

The problem with the imperial build is keeping the ship bumping the BHs ionized as the BH won't be able to shoot the ship it is in contact with.

Farther in the sense that if he bumps your BH from behind theres nothing you can to to make sure he bumps you again next round if hes ioned. The back of your ship is going to be too far ahead. Which is why im curious as to how this lists formation or whatever is set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess that's my problem, movements. I'm imagining the two BH set up flanking the shuttle maybe a base/base and a half away from the shuttle. This would be to give the appearance of nothing more than a flanking role. On closing with the enemy they pincer in with the hope of ionizing each others targets. The Shuttle can help or if lucky stick a second ship to one of the BHs

The BH then move forward 1 each turn (failing to clear) so they stay in contact and the large base is too big for an ionized 1 to clear so the opponent remains trapped in front but with an extra damage from APL (50% chance)each movement phase.

The idea for this (annoying tactic) came from:
http://www.themetalbikini.com/2014/02/tournament-talk-sleepe... it employs 2 x Outer Rim Smuggler with APL and 2 x Rebel Operatives with ion turrets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Woodworth
Japan
flag msg tools
If the defenders are cheap enough, we might be able to run 2x defender + ion cannon and 2x omicron shuttle with APL. The defenders revealed white K-turn is enough to pretty much have them pointing wherever you want - the biggest issue will be the lack of a 360 arc on the shuttles, but they can park, and they have stronger guns and more HP than an ORS..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
ravncat wrote:
If the defenders are cheap enough, we might be able to run 2x defender + ion cannon and 2x omicron shuttle with APL. The defenders revealed white K-turn is enough to pretty much have them pointing wherever you want - the biggest issue will be the lack of a 360 arc on the shuttles, but they can park, and they have stronger guns and more HP than an ORS..
I would never put the anti-pursuit lasers on a shuttle. Their movement is so awful that you will get 1 good run and spend the next 4 rounds getting back into position. I prefer to keep these guys at the edge of battle so they have time to move with it once the furball breaks up. Giving them APL just encourages them to be in the mix. Mistake in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Bull
England
Southwater
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the objective here is just to make contact and then keep them in a lock 'til death. I guess where the Rebels' version is better is that all 4 ships feature turrets and they are sub 30 pts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.