Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
I'm headed on a 6th grade school trip to watch the Re enactors and visit the site, tour a Plantation and generally immerse as much as one can with 80 12 year olds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSU LSU
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not this weekend, but I distinctly remember going as an 8 or 9 year old a long time ago. Great experience. I hope the weather turns out well for your trip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
LSUtigers wrote:
Not this weekend, but I distinctly remember going as an 8 or 9 year old a long time ago. Great experience. I hope the weather turns out well for your trip.

It clears up for the main event. But wet or dry the kids will have a blast, we don Period costume tomorrow night and conduct a dance, for which they have all been learning ferociously for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it you won't be attending the re enactment in Goliad.

http://www.presidiolabahia.org/

http://www.presidiolabahia.org/living_history.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Herron
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Never play block wargames with a dentist, they have those little mirrors to peek behind the block.
mbmbmbmbmb
You might want to take water & snacks to keep from having to buy them there. If the reenactors are in living history mode, you can have the youth ask questions to learn more about how they lived back them. What kind of food they ate, what they did for a living, how they spent their time during the day, what they do for relaxation, etc. It would make the trip more educational.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.