Steve Kim
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just curious. I overheard this from someone a few weeks ago, and I'm interested in getting this game, but the $80 is kind of discouraging me.

I'm sure I can get 5 or 9 more people who might be interested in getting a copy if there's a large enough discount.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
The six and ten packs were available as part of the KickStarter project, but that finished sometime around May last year. I am not sure if they are retail or direct order options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter had a reward level which included "get 6 copies of the game". I don't recall one which had "...10 copies...." I was part of a 6-copy group, and wound up paying $57, in case you're curious how much the discount was. I don't think there's any way to get that now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Kim
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hmm, the more I think about it, the more I think $79.99 is too much for this game no matter how good it is.

Does anyone know the likelihood that they'll just be another reprinting sometime in 2014 and we'll be able to purchase it for around $30 or $40?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goldfarb
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to get the price down that low you'd need to have a really large print run in order to amortize costs of printing and shipping. Given that just about everyone who would want the game got it by backing the Kickstarter, I'd suspect that any reprint at all is pretty unlikely, and a large-scale reprint like that is all but impossible. Not that I have any inside information or anything, just my general sense of how these things work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard there may be a reprinting of it this year (2014), and it will be $25 with better components! I could be wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Lanza
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
I heard there may be a reprinting of it this year (2014), and it will be $25 with better components! I could be wrong though.

You know what they say about something that sounds too good to be true? Heard where?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.