Popular Tags: [View All]
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So my dear old mum, an elementary school teacher, scored a copy of some game at a garage sale. It was definitely German, she said, and she even thought it might be Ravensburger. Apparently the play involved constructing tracks, roads, and bridges...that was all I could get out of her. It seemed to be aimed at kids, as far as she could tell. (I suspect that it may have been incomplete, whatever it was.)

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a copy of Elfenroads gulp

Any ideas??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your mum isn't capable of reading the name to you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Houston wrote:
Your mum isn't capable of reading the name to you?

Sadly, no. Since the great Ameritrash Debacle of 2007, she can only remember the names of Munchkin clones. Which admittedly is fairly impressive--I believe with the recent reprint announcement they are up to 14,487 distinct SKUs--but not helpful here.

Actually (the sad/hilarious part) she had extremely high hopes for the find, but it was greeted with overwhelming apathy mixed with unreasoning hatred. The crowd had low standards, and she had an excellent track record of thrifting stuff they really liked. But here, wow. So it vanished pretty quickly and she didn't think twice about it. But hearing about it I was intrigued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franz Kafka
United States
St. Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rivers, Roads & Rails?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JosefK wrote:

This is my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Winfrey
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a WINNAH! She was able to ID it given the prompt.

Once again, the incredible hive-mind of the Geek demonstrates its unholy power. Thanks everyone!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.