5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Painting K’t'inga rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
a g
United States
flag msg tools
I want to make my I.K.S. Kronos One/K’t'inga look a bit different from the other D7s. I have no paints, but would be willing to buy something (not that have much skill). So, what might some of you do to make the K’t'inga look a bit different from the D7s?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You actually have it a bit backwards there. The Kronos One/Ktinga looks pretty much as it should (aside from the silly sideways bridge). It is the D7's that need to be fixed. Simply get a file and sand off all of the detail panels on the D7 to make it actually look like a D7 should.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lepperd
msg tools
batron352 wrote:
I want to make my I.K.S. Kronos One/K’t'inga look a bit different from the other D7s. I have no paints, but would be willing to buy something (not that have much skill). So, what might some of you do to make the K’t'inga look a bit different from the D7s?

Easiest way?

Brush some gray on, drybrush a dirty white.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the easiest ship to do. I have a light spray primer I use before painting. Then go with an off-white or gray as the base coat. If you're feeling frisky you can detail a couple small spots, although it's not required.

I got so bored at one point I painted all 5 of my D7s different shades of white/gray....and it did not take much time at all. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easiest way to do it would be to get a can of white primer, a bit of white paint, a mid-to-dark gray paint or ink, a good thick brush, some jet dry, and some paper towels.

The process is very simple - prime the ship white, mix the gray paint 1 part paint to ~20 parts water and add in a drop or two of jet dry, either dip the model in or brush on the resulting mixture, then finish off by dipping the brush in the white paint, swishing it across the paper towel 20-30 times, then just lightly brushing it across the figure for several minutes.

It won't be the best looking model in existence, but it will be done with little work (though you'll have to wait for the Primer to set, then for the wash to dry, which both can take a fair bit of time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.