Wiz-War: Malefic Curses» Forums » Rules

Subject: 4 rule questions about cards. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone help me with some of these questions?

1) Can a wizard who has casted Skull Servant in front of their magic door cast spells through the door as if they were standing there?

2A) I cast Prismatic Storm, causing 8 damage to another wizard. He then uses a shield or golem form to only take 6 damage. Do I A) take 4 damage from the recoil, or B) take only 3 damage from the recoil.

2B) I cast Prismatic Storm, causing 8 damage to two other wizards. Do I A) take 8 damage in recoil, or B) take only 4 damage from the recoil.

3) I cast Never Mind and hit a another wizard with a punch. The wizard hit wants to cast Yank! in response. Which comes first? A) Never Mind's "Draw 1 card at random from the person you just hit", possibly taking the Yank! card or B) Yank! is casted before Never Mind's second effect.

Thanks for the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
I don't have the game with me (can check this in 15 or so hours, not now), so, I'll re-check this later. But:

a) the door must be hold open in order to cast spells through it, and a Skull Servant cannot open doors, even if they're matching their master's colour

b) I don't remember the exact wording on the card. IIRC, it's "deal 2d4 damage to enemy wizards then suffer half of it", so, you suffer half of the original damage, not the reduced one

c) Same as b), you are dealt half of the damage rolled, not half of the damage / wizard hit, otherwise the spell could be far more damaging for the caster than the target

d) whenever we have an attack - counter interaction, you go this way:

- you start resolving the attack
- as soon as the conditions for the counter are met, you stop resolving the attack and you resolve entirely the counter card
- when you're done resolving the counter, you resume the attack spell and finish resolving it

check the wording on Yank and Never Mind and remember the bullet points here and you should find the answer (or allow me to recover the game tonight and check the cards).

Sorry I can't help any further yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
admin
designer
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Ok, I checked the cards. So:

- Prismatic Storm: as said, you roll the dice and determine the damage. This damage is inflicted to all wizards and creatures in your current sector and you suffer then half of it. So, if you roll a 7 and there are 2 wizards and 1 creature in your current sector, they all suffer 7 points of damage and they all have a chance to reduce that damage by playing counter or because of the active spells, but still 7 is the damage you have to refer to, implying you receive 3.5 rounded down to 3 points of damage because of the attack (a damage you're allowed to counter as well, by casting Shield, for instance

- as for your last question, is a bit more complex. Nevermind specifies that you draw the card when you deal the damage, Yank that you steal 1 treasure or object after suffering damage; Yank is not triggered by the attack, but by taking damage so that actually it seems to happen at the same time as Nevermind. I'd rule that Yank is resolved before Nevermind (counters are resolved immediately when the triggering conditions are met, and you should be given a chance to counter), but you're right while saying this is confusing. I added the question to the FAQ list (no idea if it will be included in the FAQ 2.0 or in an eventual future new FAQ)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.