Subject: Two questions in the early war. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi, guys!

We have been offline for a while because our group was going through a new game sequence. Now, S. Simon and me are in command of the Powers of Freedom and Soviet Freedom and our friends from the net rule over Mordor wannabe powers.
And, of course, rules-questions keep showing up. Please, could you help with:
- Corsica is NOT part of France's home country, right? So, London MIL could land there happily.
- And, when playing with Offensive Points optional rule, which we are and we love it so much, you still need to call the appropiate impulse to get the land, air or naval benefits on an HQ, am I correct? So, if Yamamoto, for example, wants to blow (apart) the Chinese defenders in Nanning by doubling some Japanese land units, he needs to do it in a land impulse. Is it so?

As usual, thanks for the help!
I am tempted to promise a game report, but I won't. Due to lack of time, it would be a dirty lie. Sorry. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fowler
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Corsica is a territory. Has a name but no Capital?
Dont play OPs but yes you must call the proper impulse to play offensive points ie. land for and land chit (or ops) naval for a naval and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Corsica is a named territory, and not reachable by marine walking from Paris, and so not french home cou try by either test.

Yes, you still need to call the particular impulse type, as I understand and have played it with my WiF groups.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sensible Simon
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
Here's another quickie. A strategic bombardment against a factory that is usable during the strategic bombardment phase but not during the production phase (e.g. first you bombard the hex and then you occupy it). Do you still lose production?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sensible Simon
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
Never mind, just checked the FAQ and it's answered there. Slightly illogical if you ask me, but whatever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rober Khan
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank's, guys! We were quite positive about both questions, but it's always good to read wise BGG opinions. It helps a lot when one team thinks one way and the other one could disagree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.