2 Posts

War of the Suns» Forums » Rules

Subject: HQ Relocation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luc OLIVIER
msg tools
Hi,
A small question but with huge interpretation.
When an HQ is relocated at the beginning of the activation phase, it can be relocated anywhere on the map if it follows the no zoc requirement or it has to stay in the range of a Full Command unit before relocation ?
I mean it can be anywhere on the map or around 6 hexs of a full range commanded unit ?
Thanks,
Luc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmond
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote on Consimworld (http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@@.1dd0eb56/1701):

"I understand the following:

Rule 9.2.1: "can redeply his activated HQ to any friendly/allied city, or any hex containing at least one unit over which the HQ has full command"

What is a full command unit ?

-9.5.1 "A unit is in command if at the start of the movement it is within Command radius of the activated HQ. [...] Command Radius normally has a range of six hexes..." (personal note: weather affects Command Radius)

-9.5.3 Full Command (see Command Capabilities Table)

Hence a full command unit is a unit: within the 6 hexes of the HQ AND which meets Command Capabilities Table criteria.

This is for overland redeployment.

HQ can also be redeployed - by sea tranport (11.3.4) but the HQ must be in a naval base or port - by air transport (11.3.5 - airlift transport) but the HQ must be in an airbase or city.

The HQ can then move as a normal unit with 6 MPs (9.2.2).
"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.