United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this to help our group, hope it helps yours:

Quote:
d10-0"When a player chooses Apollo, he may not buy Creatures, nor use the sacrificial power
of his Heroes."

d10-1"You can do almost anything multiple times while you have any gold to do it, well except buying troops, ships and extra card with Zeus and Athena."

d10-2"When Hades is present during a game round, all the Undead units are removed from the board after the resolution of Apollo."

d10-3"Because Heroes are not Mythological Creatures, Temples do not grant a discount towards
their purchase."

d10-4"No Hero card may EVER appear in the discard pile."

d10-5"Payment of offerings happens simultaneously for all players at the end of bidding (and thus before beginning the actions of the first God)."

d10-6"The free gain afforded by the Gods (Troop / Fleet / Philosopher / Priest) must be put in play immediately and before any other action by the player."

d10-7"The player may choose to place the Prosperity Marker on an island which he does not control."

d10-8"Temples give a discount of 1 GP per round towards the purchase of a Creature. Once the discount of a Temple is used for a purchase, the discount does not apply to further purchases. With more temples, you can get more discounts, either on one card or across several."

d10-9"When one of the Mythological creatures is placed on an island where another Creature already exists, the two Creatures are immediately destroyed. Mythological Creatures may be played on a neutral island (their power is not affected)."

What rules does your group commonly overlook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Vichi
Italy
Castelbellino
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom
I agree with all the above. Where did you find confirmation for this very subtle one?

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
"The free gain afforded by the Gods (Troop / Fleet / Philosopher / Priest) must be put in play immediately and before any other action by the player."

a couple of overlooked rules for my group

A if you steal a player's necropoly the money stay on that player's island.
B you can't "spawn" a new Mythological Creature by means of Zeus' special power if the spot has no Mythological Creature to substitute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soul_Guile wrote:
Hi Tom
I agree with all the above. Where did you find confirmation for this very subtle one?

LunarSoundDesign wrote:
"The free gain afforded by the Gods (Troop / Fleet / Philosopher / Priest) must be put in play immediately and before any other action by the player."

a couple of overlooked rules for my group

A if you steal a player's necropoly the money stay on that player's island.
B you can't "spawn" a new Mythological Creature by means of Zeus' special power if the spot has no Mythological Creature to substitute.

I got my answers from gleaming the FAQ thread. The only restricted actions are those listed. We interpreted it different then went back and forth so I spent hours last night researching it.

Zeus doesn't spawn creatures but lets you discard one from the track and replace it with the next one from the deck. I believe you can do this as many times as you have gold. The only exception is: If there are no Creature cards remaining for purchase, players cannot use the action which allows discarding a Creature card. Or if the creature spot on the track is empty you can't choose it. See this post:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8589235#8589235
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P. oeppel
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

d10-1"You can do almost anything multiple times while you have any gold to do it, well except buying troops, ships and extra card with Zeus and Athena."

I am pretty sure this is not completely correct. There is no limit for Zeus (besides the precondition that a card must exist in one of the slots to be replaced). You can cycle mythological creatures for as long as you can pay for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pinoeppel wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

I am pretty sure this is not completely correct. There is no limit for Zeus (besides the precondition that a card must exist in one of the slots to be replaced). You can cycle mythological creatures for as long as you can pay for it.

I explained this further in the post above yours

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just uploaded a word doc which uses the header and font from the official FAQ. Feel free to add your own common overlooked rules. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cederic Winkler
msg tools
Hello all

I have 3 questions about the rules which aren't explaned that well in the rules maybe you could help me.

If I only own two islands. One with a metropolis and the other one with the necropolis. And I gain 4 philosophers. Is it allowed to break down the necropolis and build up the second metropolis?

If a hero won’t be paid or gets sacrificed it won’t go to the discard pile. But there is nothing written in the rules about the death of a hero in a normal combat, so my guess is, this would be the only chance to put a hero on the discard pile.

If blue owns a harbor on an island. And black places a ship on an empty tile next to this island. And now blue moves his ships back and attacks this ship.
Who gains the bonus of the harbor? Because it’s written that the defending player receives this 1+ bonus. But now black is defending and being attacked. But on the other hand blue is just “defending” his realm. Or is it just like: who ever controls the island with the harbor placed on? Out of this I got this three options, of course just one of them gets a bonus but who and who not?

- Blue gets the bonus because it’s his realm and his island(harbor).
- Blue gets NO bonus because he’s attacking.
- Black gets the bonus because he’s defending.

thank you very much

maroon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maroon wrote:
Hello all

Hello Cederic and welcome to Boardgame Geek!

Maroon wrote:
If I only own two islands. One with a metropolis and the other one with the necropolis. And I gain 4 philosophers. Is it allowed to break down the necropolis and build up the second metropolis?

From the FAQ:

It’s possible to construct a Necropolis on top of a Metropolis and vice-versa (the new building destroys the old).

Maroon wrote:
If a hero won’t be paid or gets sacrificed it won’t go to the discard pile. But there is nothing written in the rules about the death of a hero in a normal combat, so my guess is, this would be the only chance to put a hero on the discard pile.

From the FAQ, again:

When a Hero dies (in battle, after the activation of his sacrificial power, or because his upkeep cost was not paid), his figurine is removed from the board and his card removed from the game.

Maroon wrote:
If blue owns a harbor on an island. And black places a ship on an empty tile next to this island. And now blue moves his ships back and attacks this ship.
Who gains the bonus of the harbor? Because it’s written that the defending player receives this 1+ bonus. But now black is defending and being attacked. But on the other hand blue is just “defending” his realm. Or is it just like: who ever controls the island with the harbor placed on? Out of this I got this three options, of course just one of them gets a bonus but who and who not?

- Blue gets the bonus because it’s his realm and his island(harbor).
- Blue gets NO bonus because he’s attacking.
- Black gets the bonus because he’s defending.

The harbor gives the owner a +1 bonus only when he's defending: that is, in the example you provided, should blue attack black, neither is getting the bonus.

In case black attacks blue, then blue gets the +1 bonus from the harbor (provided he's controlling said island, of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.