Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a 5 player game in which 4 players had the "least" stability. One player (me) really had the least(-2), and the other 3 were tied above 0.
According to the event card, the least stability would go last in the next turn. In the player order before the event the -2 stability player was first.

In what order does this player go after the event? Second or fifth, or another position?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Turn order is dictated by Military Strength, not Stability. Ties in Military mean turn order stays the same relative to their previous position. Misread that this was an event-related question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobertDD wrote:
According to the event card, the least stability would go last in the next turn.

I believe you process it using the current order, going from last to first. Each person with the lowest stability would get moved to last as they process the event. Based upon that, the person with -2 stability would now be last, because they would be the last to process. (having been first the round you are completing)

Edit: Nope I made a mistake, which Simon caught below. Choices are in reverse player order, other events are in player order. So, you would be 2nd.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
senorcoo wrote:
Turn order is dictated by Military Strength, not Stability. Ties in Military mean turn order stays the same relative to their previous position.

The OP is talking about an event (and even if he were not, ties in military are broken by stability)

In case of this event, the effect is resolved in turn order. That means that the first (affected) player in turn order is placed last. Then the next player is placed last (pushing the first to second-last). And so it goes.

Effectively, this means that the turn order among the players affected by the event is decided by the turn order before the event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamarainen wrote:
RobertDD wrote:
According to the event card, the least stability would go last in the next turn.

I believe you process it using the current order, going from last to first. Each person with the lowest stability would get moved to last as they process the event. Based upon that, the person with -2 stability would now be last, because they would be the last to process. (having been first the round you are completing)

Choices are made last to first, but effects are applied first to last.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These rules are described on page 19 of the rulebook, with an example that specifically addresses changes in turn order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
senorcoo wrote:
Turn order is dictated by Military Strength, not Stability. Ties in Military mean turn order stays the same relative to their previous position.

The OP is talking about an event (and even if he were not, ties in military are broken by stability)

In case of this event, the effect is resolved in turn order. That means that the first (affected) player in turn order is placed last. Then the next player is placed last (pushing the first to second-last). And so it goes.

Effectively, this means that the turn order among the players affected by the event is decided by the turn order before the event.

Yes, sorry, I missed the event in the first reading. My apologies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dulkal wrote:
These rules are described on page 19 of the rulebook, with an example that specifically addresses changes in turn order.

Yep! That's what I was double checking after my initial answer. I couldn't remember if it was just choices or everything resolving in reverse player order. The rules made it quite clear I believe.

(and I should have checked them first instead of trying to recall it early in the morning)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gandalf the Greyjoy
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Um.. so the events are resolved in some specific order? I always though it's simultaneous.

It that case the player order for these 4 players would stay the same, as in case of ties the previous order is preserved (or it is not? Does military break ties in stability and vice versa?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Kamber
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Libero03 wrote:
Um.. so the events are resolved in some specific order? I always though it's simultaneous.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I think the rule is that it is simultaneous unless it matters, in which case it is in turn order.

Quote:
It that case the player order for these 4 players would stay the same, as in case of ties the previous order is preserved (or it is not? Does military break ties in stability and vice versa?)

In general, ties are unfriendly. The only cases that I can think of where ties are resolved, are setting turn order (where Stability breaks ties in Military), and winning the game (Where IIRC the tie is broken by turn order).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Play Penny Press!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone that replied and helped clarifying this for us! We could not find the rule in the rulebook and ended up playing this wrong (not a big deal).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.