Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Pierce
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a question/idea for all of you familiar with the games Amerigo and Puerto Rico.

I've recently purchased Amerigo and love it. It reminds me a lot of what I love about Castles of Burgundy and adds some cool new ideas. I also really enjoy Puerto Rico. I am a big fan of the idea this game uses where you need to combine production buildings with crop fields. Amerigo has an idea close to this, where you combine crop fields with production buildings to get a multiplicative effect. So that leads me to my question.

When I play Amerigo, I think that it would be very cool to combine these two games somehow. I'm not necessarily sure that it all should be combined, but I think that there must be a way to take some of the cool concepts in Puerto Rico and combine them into Amerigo. Possibly making a more epic game? (or a broken disaster of a game) They are quite close in terms of theme and it seems like they would play nicely together.

The problem is, I don't really know how this would work in a cool and functional way. I was just wondering if anyone familiar with both games had any fun ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephane Bassiaux
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Well, why not, could be funny, although you'd need to have a very experienced designer team to be able to somehow "fuse" the two games.

Personnally, I've always dreamed of a Galaxy Trucker / Space Alert mashup, but maybe that would be too punishing devil

Anyway, the designer for both is Vlaada, so you never know...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been interested in seeing what would happen with some control over "role selection" in Amerigo. It would be as follows.

"Control" passes each turn irrespective of position on the track. Rather than moving along the rondel in order, the player with Control chooses which color cubes to toss into the tower.

That color is marked off and can't be used until you've made a full cycle. Once all colors have been tossed, you start again with all colors in play.

Since there are seven colors starting player will always change. However, it also means that when one color remains, the player in control will have no choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.