Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any pictures available ?

Terrain cards ? Counters ?

Infos about new rules ? I read few months ago about the fact that LAT on a card without an VOF will auto rally. Anything about this ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Klinkisch
Germany
Heidelberg
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I trust gmt with cards & counters but I really, really hope they will make the Rulebook available for review _before_ printing it.

We the help of some players I am sure we could have a rulebook that won'T scare people of.
As I always say: it is actually a rather easy game (!)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
solea wrote:
Are there any pictures available ?

Terrain cards ? Counters ?

Infos about new rules ? I read few months ago about the fact that LAT on a card without an VOF will auto rally. Anything about this ?


Once we get Won by the Sword off to the printers then I will be able to provide more info, thanks
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hull
United States
Stafford
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sancherib wrote:
I trust gmt with cards & counters but I really, really hope they will make the Rulebook available for review _before_ printing it.

We the help of some players I am sure we could have a rulebook that won'T scare people of.
As I always say: it is actually a rather easy game (!)


Not going to crowd source the rules, no way to manage version control. The rules available now are the base. If you have input, please send it along and we can incorporate it. There is not a ground up rewrite, the rules in volume II will be an edited version of what is there now.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Billaud
France
La roche sur yon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
Sancherib wrote:
I trust gmt with cards & counters but I really, really hope they will make the Rulebook available for review _before_ printing it.

We the help of some players I am sure we could have a rulebook that won'T scare people of.
As I always say: it is actually a rather easy game (!)


Not going to crowd source the rules, no way to manage version control. The rules available now are the base. If you have input, please send it along and we can incorporate it. There is not a ground up rewrite, the rules in volume II will be an edited version of what is there now.


Really ?

The rulebook needs a new chapter about vehicules, at least. Not just an edited chapter.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.

GMT could've "crowd-sourced" the rules and gathered up feedback from a single thread here and on Consim forums. Then taken any feedback they deemed important, entered it into a spreadsheet, prioritised it, and tackled only the critical stuff that was repeatedly noted. It may not need a "ground-up" rewrite, but it sure needs more than just a few edits here and there, especially in terms of the overall flow, order, jargon, explanations, and cross-referencing.

I think this is such a questionable decision (as a design professional of 23 years) that I've just a few minutes ago cancelled my Vol II preorder so I can wait to buy only after seeing if the rules actually get significantly better than 2.1.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Bugorski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
benhull wrote:
Not going to crowd source the rules, no way to manage version control. The rules available now are the base. If you have input, please send it along and we can incorporate it. There is not a ground up rewrite, the rules in volume II will be an edited version of what is there now.


Why not use GitHub and then use pull-requests to vet/accept/merge changes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.