2 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Edition differences? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Rama da Silva
Portugal
flag msg tools
I've had MK now for quite a while, but a friend of mine just bought his (second-hand) and I think there might be some differences.

First of all the insert, his insert is really crappy. It's black matte, not shiny like mine. and the plastic feels real rough and bad quality.

Second the tile print. His tiles are all printed wrongly (the corners are not correctly centered, etc.).

The dice have a weird print to them (in that they are not finely printed).

And lastly (that I've noticed) the crystals are also matte and not shiny.

So, is this a common situation? Are those 2 different print runs or editions? Are there any more "abnormalities" that I still haven't noticed? (I believe mine is far better than his... lots of problems corrected)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
Different print runs. Still only 1 edition of the game. Sounds like he got the first printing.

Check the cards which received errata as that was fixed in the second printing. Back of his rulebook should show which cards needed errata.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.