Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone suggest an ACW miniature game that uses the same basing as this game? I'd like to get some value out of my $395 investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a game that is coming out that is supposed to be the next evolution of the Johnny Reb system (the last edition was Johnny Reb III) - which will permit you to play large-scale battles with regiments being represented by a smaller number of bases:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1472802586/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl...

The basing system for Johnny Reb III is a bit different but the scale of these miniatures aren't overly different. You could either rebase them, or just use them as they are. The real problems with these minis for Johnny Reb are that the bases have too much depth. The frontage seems to be fine (a little short, but not much).

I had planned on giving the JRIII set a run through its paces with these minis.

But I must admit - I don't know why, but I expected a set of 350 miniatures to come with different poses. The paint job seems nice enough, but the armies are going to look rather toy-soldier-ish with all of them marching exactly the same.

The length of this Kickstarter, the delivery problems, and an inadequate product have made sure I will never order another Gordon and Hague product again - not off Kickstarter, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
deschubert wrote:
Can anyone suggest an ACW miniature game that uses the same basing as this game? I'd like to get some value out of my $395 investment.

Sorry about your luck...but nice map boards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Petterson
United States
Gulfport
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am using my grande army purchased via kickstarter for playing battle cry.
its a command and colors system that works well with these figures.
my intention was to use them for playing battle cry the board game that came with them was a bonus. I may sell it off as ive yet to open it.
K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Schubert
United States
Port Republic
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does any other company or human being consider the base a "figure?"

Worst game company after HMS/GRD.

btw, I got reamed by one of their people for asking a refund.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.