Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the owner of the predecessor game to Flying Circus, Down in Flames: WWI – Bombers. I posted a question in these forums, about a shot down leader, which isn't answered in the rulebook. Unfortunately, noone seems to play this as I got no answer ...

So would any of you Flying Circus owners be so kind to check out that question in your FC rulebook? [Clarification: I'm talking about the Campaign Game here, not the basic game dog fights.]

PzVIE in the Forum of the other game ... wrote:
Fellow pilots,

after my first campaign game yesterday, a question came up:

What happens when a leader is shot down? Does one of his wingmen becomes the new leader like in the GMT WWII series or do I simply continue playing with my (now leaderless) wingmen/wingman?

Thank you! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Davis
United States
Jacksonville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neither. When a wingman's Leader is shot down, they scatter for home & are removed from play. It's under How to Win in the Basic Rules, & the Bombers & Campaigns Rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
hermeticmage wrote:
Neither. When a wingman's Leader is shot down, they scatter for home & are removed from play. It's under How to Win in the Basic Rules, & the Bombers & Campaigns Rulebook.

Thank you for checking, Warren! Sounds a little harsh although!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Hodge
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it helps, I have a "House Rule" that if you want to pursue the enemy you can replace the shot down enemy leader with one of the Wingmen. Transfer any current hits on the least damaged Wingman to a new Leader card. Add 1 more hit (wingmen are able to sustain 1 less hit than leaders). Roll 1d6 and give the new enemy leader that number of cards. If the new enemy leader is shot down he is only worth the same number of points as a wingman.
See my "House Rules" file for more ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forensicman wrote:
It does. I have initiated a "House Rule" whereby if you want to pursue the enemy you can replace the shot down enemy leader with one of the Wingmen. Take the transfer any current hits on the least damaged Wingman to a new Leader card. Add 1 more hit (wingmen are able to sustain 1 less hit than leaders). Roll 1d6 and give the new enemy leader that number of cards. If the new enemy leader is shot down he is only worth the same number of points as a wingman.
See my "House Rules" file for more ideas.

Nigel, this sounds really good, thank you!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.