Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Biggs
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On a geeklist give the users options to sort by game name, chronological, or by game ranking.

Also on a geeklist give the users the option to search within a list. I have to load every page just to see if the item I'm adding already exists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phr0ze wrote:
Also on a geeklist give the users the option to search within a list. I have to load every page just to see if the item I'm adding already exists.

Better yet, when adding an item that is already in the list, it should warn you that it is a dupe, and ask you to confirm that you really do intend to create a dupe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
Old request: Searching for all instances of a game in one or more geeklists? and I would assume more threads found in the suggestions index.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
phr0ze wrote:
On a geeklist give the users options to sort by game name, chronological, or by game ranking.

The sorting order is set by the GeekList creator. For many GeekLists, they only make sense in certain orders. It would be nice for other GeekLists, though; maybe add an option to enable/disable user sorting. It doesn't seem like something that's likely to change, though.

phr0ze wrote:

This would definitely be nice.

In case you weren't aware, if you click on "Titles Only" under the header, you can see 250 items per page instead of only 25, so that's 10 times fewer pages to load. Not a solution, but convenient until/unless the allow searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Biggs
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Khedron wrote:

It doesn't seem like something that's likely to change, though.

Do these suggestions ever make it in? Or is this just a black hole?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Det var bara en hake...
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
phr0ze wrote:
Khedron wrote:

For a few years it used to be the official response to interface improvement requests, even simple and/or obvious ones, was "wait until the redesign", if any. Then the redesign got scrapped. Stuff does get changed every now and then, but not always for the better, and it's difficult to correlate changes to specific reports/requests.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
20100 Turku
flag msg tools
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance; the same description may be applied to the best, most elegant and both intellec
badge
and aesthetically satisfying games. By being unknowable, by resulting from events which, at the sub-atomic level, cannot be fully predicted, the future remains malleable, and retains the possibility of change, the hope of coming to prevail; victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
phr0ze wrote:
Khedron wrote:

Last one I remember was the Europe subforum in the special offers forum being created.

About the OP's issue, "Titles Only" view also clears the subscriptions for that list. GeekLists are probably the single best idea on this site that is under-engineered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
badge
mb
phr0ze wrote:
Khedron wrote:

The sort order suggestion has been made many times:

Decending Order Geeklists (by CheetohFingers)
Geeklist Sorting Ideas (by basilmichael)
Override default sort order for a geeklist (by Martinus)
14/09 14-07-11 Geeklists - allow users to change sort method (by tesuji)
geeklist sorting (by ddyer)
09/08 17-08-11 Suggestion: GeekList Ultra-'Collapse' (by Necromancyr)
04/05 05-11-11 An option to SORT Geeklist by THUMBS would be awesome (by kevintlee)
02/04 23-04-12 Geeklist adaptability for each viewer (by Redward)
03/06 30-07-12 Geeklist sort! (by cabol)
11/14 29-06-12 Sorting geekslists (by calandale)
01/03 25-08-12 tools to reorder geeklist (by ddyer) (status: will be implemented)
02/04 29-12-12 Sorting Geeklist (by johnnyLikesGames)
09/05 24-01-13 Randomise the order of geeklist items?
01/01 07-06-13 User selected sort criteria for Geek Lists (by drawk)

It was noted as 'likely after the redesign' back in 2011 and possibly even developed (RustanR was the project manager for it at the time). I was part of the beta testing, but don't recall testing that particular feature. Since then, the redesign has been put on hold, but I assume there are a ton of other things to be worked on even if they are not visible to users.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.