Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great is Brenzor or someone could answer this question, just something I've been thinking about. Does UDE have access to the FULL Alien/Predator mythology, or just the films? Can we expect elements from the various comics, novelizations and video games as well? Is Prometheus material legally available for this game? Just curious, I'm a big Alien universe fan. I can't wait for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Good, question. I'm guessing that FOX owns the rights to all of that, I suppose it would depend on what deal they have been given and what of the films it includes or whether that extends to comics etc.

X-wing minitures has started to plunder the expanded universe and that is also a fox series so there may be hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fox merely distributed the Star Wars films prior to the Disney buyout. I'm assuming FFG has a deal with Disney, which owns everything Star Wars. I'm not sure who owns the right to the licensed characters from, say, the Alien/Predator Dark Horse comics or novelizations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seigler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that for the AvP Miniatures Game that Prodos is producing, they had the rights to all the Alien, Predator, and AvP films, all the related comics, novels, and video games, but not Prometheus or any of it's related stuff - Fox was treating it as a separate franchise for licensing purposes. Chances are UDE will have a similar deal with this game (although that said, I can't really imagine to much EU material making it's way into the base game for this, even as much fun as Herk Mondo would inevitably be).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Brenner
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:
It would be great is Brenzor or someone could answer this question, just something I've been thinking about. Does UDE have access to the FULL Alien/Predator mythology, or just the films? Can we expect elements from the various comics, novelizations and video games as well? Is Prometheus material legally available for this game? Just curious, I'm a big Alien universe fan. I can't wait for this game!

We have a great relationship with Fox and as such they have pulled back the curtain and allowed access to the universe that is ALIEN, not just movies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brenzor wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:

We have a great relationship with Fox and as such they have pulled back the curtain and allowed access to the universe that is ALIEN, not just movies.

Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Including whatever happens in this?

https://www.newsarama.com/20731-dhc-s-allie-unleashes-detail...

Just saw this article today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Stalica
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
M_Strauss wrote:

OK, let's just cut the original series off at Alien 3 (at most) alright? Alien 4 was crap and Prometheus was TOTAL crap...

As far as the Aliens vs. Predator off-shoot series movies...well...maybe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whatever the execution of those films were, I still think various bits of mythology that they added were intriguing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mb
I hope they add all the elements from Alien, Aliens vs Predator, Predator and Prometheus love those movies and lore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jstalica wrote:
M_Strauss wrote:

OK, let's just cut the original series off at Alien 3 (at most) alright? Alien 4 was crap and Prometheus was TOTAL crap...

As far as the Aliens vs. Predator off-shoot series movies...well...maybe...

Although I didn't care for 3 ... Aliens 4 rocked !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.