Recommend
7 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Warfighter: The Tactical Special Forces Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Looks like it's off to the printers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got this notice:

Here is the final draft of the rules. Please take a look and email us with any problems you see. We'll send the game files for printing in roughly 48 hours.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Finally!


Compared to some of my Kickstarter stuff, this went really fast.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
Vladimir17 wrote:
Finally!


Compared to some of my Kickstarter stuff, this went really fast.


Amen brother...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Compared to every pre-order and P500 I've ever ordered this is lightning fast...,
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
Woot!
+1 woot!

-zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Vermilion
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Pasha wrote:
Compared to every pre-order and P500 I've ever ordered this is lightning fast...,
Let me ask this of you kickstarter & pre-order vets... from this point what should I expect in terms of print to delivery time? Although you all seem to feel this has been fast for this kind of thing so maybe that was a stupid question.

-zombie
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I regret missing this KS.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on where it's printed, but 1-2 months is a good benchmark. The printer runs proofs, sends them to the customer, and the customer ought to review them very carefully. This back and forth may happen several times. The printer then runs the job once drafts are approved. The customer gets them and reviews the product. There can be problems that require a new run (often a 1-2 week delay). If there are other components (plastic dice or figures, wood cubes, etc) they have to be received and reviewed by the customer. The customer then has to put the boxes and bits all together and put them in boxes to ship (anywhere from a long, hard weekend to 1-2 weeks). Much of this depends on the ability of the printer, and how big a priority it is for the printer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mwindsor wrote:
Depends on where it's printed, but 1-2 months is a good benchmark. The printer runs proofs, sends them to the customer, and the customer ought to review them very carefully. This back and forth may happen several times. The printer then runs the job once drafts are approved. The customer gets them and reviews the product. There can be problems that require a new run (often a 1-2 week delay). If there are other components (plastic dice or figures, wood cubes, etc) they have to be received and reviewed by the customer. The customer then has to put the boxes and bits all together and put them in boxes to ship (anywhere from a long, hard weekend to 1-2 weeks). Much of this depends on the ability of the printer, and how big a priority it is for the printer.


My experience with Dan Verssen Games (DVG) is a minimum of three months after the game has gone to the printer.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll echo that once DVG sends the files it's usually 3 months. Sometimes there are problems at the printer or delays in customs, but three months is pretty reliable.

Based on past experience I'd say a realistic estimate of game on the table for US customers is July.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a Kickstarter update. If everything goes as planned, they should ship in six weeks.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
StevenE Smooth Sailing...
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Great... I am leaving for a 2 week vacation in 6 weeks... cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Kickstarter update from Dan:

Some of the plastic soldiers were badly done, and a new batch arrived at the printer. The new batch looks good. The games are being assembled and Dan hopes to receive them at the end of September.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wynn
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to clear my gaming table for this one! I suppose that after Dan receives them, he will subsequently ship the game to us?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Windsor
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sundog wrote:
Can't wait to clear my gaming table for this one! I suppose that after Dan receives them, he will subsequently ship the game to us?


Naw, I think it's gonna be the dumbest Kickstarter Ripoff of all times. Instead of getting the money and hauling ass (Up Front), Dan got everybody's money, paid to produce the game, and THEN is going to run off with the money. devil

Hopefully we will have it in October.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.