Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I hear this edition is now part of the basic starter package. Does anyone here know how I can get a basic starter set for my dad at a reasonable price in the UK?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Angiolino
Italy
Rome
European Union
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, this is a complete set with all the rules and materials to play (including balloons, two seaters, multi.engine bombers and so on) and no miniatures.
The alternative are Wings of Glory: WW1 Duel Packs with two miniatures, the basic rules with some optons and scenarios, rulers and counters and cards enough to play with them. There are two, with different miniatures, so a pair of different duel packs make for a really rich starter set for 2/4 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
angiolillo wrote:
No, this is a complete set with all the rules and materials to play (including balloons, two seaters, multi.engine bombers and so on) and no miniatures.
The alternative are Wings of Glory: WW1 Duel Packs with two miniatures, the basic rules with some optons and scenarios, rulers and counters and cards enough to play with them. There are two, with different miniatures, so a pair of different duel packs make for a really rich starter set for 2/4 players.

Aha. Sounds like the duel pack is the way in... Now to track down UK availability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are offers out there, none exactly cheap, but I'm still exploring.

It strikes me that the 100th anniversary of WW1 would be a fantastic marketing opportunity for this game; give it a second wind.

It would make sense for retailers to offer commemorative bundles...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Heather
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I appreciate that your post is some months ago so things may have moved om.

Although I love the idea of this game I have never managed to bring it to the table with my group. So I'm considering selling

I have the following

Wings of War - Famous Aces (card based) - played a couple of times
Wings of War Revised Deluxe Set - opened but never played
Wings of War RE8 - opened but never played
Wings of War Roland - opened but never played
Wings of Glory Rules and Accessory Pack - never played, think this is still unpunched
Wings of Glory Ace Cards Promo Pack - never used
Extra set of Wings of War panels and rulers.

So all complete and in excellent condition.

Would be looking at selling as a job lot for £50.

I travel near to Farnham most weeks so could deliver.

Cheers,

Nigel

Just remembered something. The Famous Aces card version is german. Only effects the instructions and there is a downloaded/printed set of English Instructions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.