Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Zoche
Germany
Essen
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of Istanbul just arrived today and played it with my wife. We really enjoyed the game, but two questions about mosque tiles appeared:

1. When you use the action of the police station and send a family member to a warehouse, are you allowed to use the green mosque tile (pay 2 Lira to gain 1 additional good of any type)? I think yes, because the rules say: "When using one of the warehouses..." It does not specify that you have to use the action with your merchant.

2. Are you allowed to use the yellow mosque tile after your movement? Move the merchant to a place and remove one assistant, then carry out the action, and with the yellow mosque tile return the assistant you just removed to the merchant stack?

Thanks for your answers,
Grobiwan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Bruhn
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Grobiwan wrote:
My copy of Istanbul just arrived today and played it with my wife. We really enjoyed the game, but two questions about mosque tiles appeared:

1. When you use the action of the police station and send a family member to a warehouse, are you allowed to use the green mosque tile (pay 2 Lira to gain 1 additional good of any type)? I think yes, because the rules say: "When using one of the warehouses..." It does not specify that you have to use the action with your merchant.

2. Are you allowed to use the yellow mosque tile after your movement? Move the merchant to a place and remove one assistant, then carry out the action, and with the yellow mosque tile return the assistant you just removed to the merchant stack?

Thanks for your answers,
Grobiwan
Answer to question 1: You gave the correct answer yourself. There's no difference for the action if you carry it out with your merchant or with your family member. In both cases you can use Bonus cards and Mosque tiles.

Question 2: Yes, you can do so. But there's no difference if you do it at the end of the current turn or at the beginning of the next turn. Because of this I would always postpone this decision to my next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kareem Koh
Malaysia
Puchong
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the English rules, it states under Small / Great Mosque that "As soon as you have both tiles of the same Mosque, take 1 ruby... "

Does it actually mean as soon as I take two tiles from the same mosque? The current wording is confusing as it alludes to a particular tile mentioned before this, but the line before it says one can only have one copy of a tile.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can only have one copy of a tile. And each Mosque has two different tiles. So "two" and "both" should have the same meaning.

As soon as you have both different tiles of one Mosque, you will get 1 ruby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
barandur wrote:
Grobiwan wrote:

Question 2: Yes, you can do so. But there's no difference if you do it at the end of the current turn or at the beginning of the next turn. Because of this I would always postpone this decision to my next turn.

There is a difference. You can only use the mosque tile once per turn!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Bronswijk
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:

But you can never use 2 assistants in one turn, so you never need to pick up more than 1 assistant. That means, in fact, there is no difference.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Although André is correct about what he is saying, maybe some users just want to waste money on assistants they don't need. So, according to the rules, I'd say yes, you can use your Mosque tile after your action and then again next turn, if you so desire. Doesn't make any sense, but be my guest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thygra wrote:
JonBen wrote:

But you can never use 2 assistants in one turn, so you never need to pick up more than 1 assistant. That means, in fact, there is no difference.

Ah, right. I was thinking that shoving more assistants under my merchant was worth something, but you're right I would never want to do this unless I needed the assistant for my move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.