Subject: yet another thread about quest card confusion.... :P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Connor Kirk
United States
St. Louis
MO
flag msg tools
So, I am still confused about the A,C,*C,**C quest cards and when to draw.

When you are doing a STORY ACT Quest, do you still draw quests on the tiles that call for quests? It seems a little bizarre. For example; If we are playing "No Rest For The Weary; Act 1 Silent Minstrel", and we reach the combined 6X12 tile at the end, do we draw a quest card? None of them fit with the story, so it would be kind of silly to get a Chapter Card.

Also, if I draw an ACT Quest card from the card pile on Free Roam, do I still have to draw chapter quests on tiles that call for quests? such as 6X12?

Basically; I don't understand the quest cards at all :/

Also, with Yardu, how many FD does he roll and when? Is the lack of FD on his "Special" area of the card a misprint?

On the bright side, I think this is the final piece of the puzzle for me and after I'll have a smooth playing of MYTH.

Thanks again, friends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
California
flag msg tools
Enter Text Here
badge
[b][Vote :goo:][/b]
mbmbmbmbmb
When starting a game (new characters, not each session) you have to create a quest deck, the Quest deck should have all Chapter Quests with zero or one chain (*C and C type quests) and NO OTHER QUESTS.

When you enter a tile with the quest icon (or select quest on a trap/quest tile) you draw a card from that deck, discard the card after completing the quest (optionally you can replace any C type card if you want) when you complete a *C quest it will tell you to add a **C quest to the deck, shuffle the deck when you add a card to it (either because you want to repeat a C quest or because you added a new **C quest). When doing Story and Act quests some quests will tell you not to populate tiles normally, don't draw a quest card in these cases, otherwise draw whenever the legend instructs you to do so as discussed above (even when doing Story and Act quests).

It is also my understanding that WHENEVER you have a Slaughterfield type quest you do NOT draw a quest or otherwise populate that tile as normal.

My understanding on Yardu, each time he activates each of his specials is checked (4 dice for each special) and then he acts as normal, but I could be wrong on this, check the FAQ it talked about this IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Nabbit
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust that you are beautiful.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From Kenny on the MCG forums, Yardu has a typo on the card. The 4FD should be listed once, not twice, and next to the word "Special." Just like all other bosses and minibosses, you roll his FD once when he successfully attacks. You then try to match the bottom recipe, and then try to match the top recipe. If one matches, it activates and you remove the dice used before checking the next one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.