Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
We are going through the process of applying for a mortgage to buy a house, our offer on the house is accepted.

This house has two reception rooms. One will be a games and dining room!

We cant wait!

Were going to adapt a table and eventually get a cabinet to display and store the games.

my non geeky friends think I am strange for getting so excited about this

but I am so so looking forward to hosting games nights and sitting at the table in our games room playing together

I have a big grin on my face right not thinking about it lol

fingers crossed all goes well with the mortgage and house eeeee!

have any of you got or want a games room?

its nice because were both into gaming so there no awkward you not allowed to let the games take over the house or they have to be kept in x place lol

after years of living in cheap crapy rental houses we are hopefully getting a nice warm house which actually has proper hot water!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gerstenhaber
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
i'm in the same boat. we are buying a house that has the opportunity for a dedicated game room. it's like a dream come true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
dagtastic wrote:
i'm in the same boat. we are buying a house that has the opportunity for a dedicated game room. it's like a dream come true.

I just keep looking at the photos on the house portfolio and grinning

eee!

hope all goes well for you and we hear that you are enjoying your games room
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitrijs Zulenkovs
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz. Gaming rooms can be beaten only by rooms where you store and read the books in calmness.

I have a game apartment, does that count in? It's too bad to live there and too good to rent it out. However it's kinda ideal for storing my minis, games and other crap, do paintings and host game evenings and other social stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
siruf wrote:
Congratz. Gaming rooms can be beaten only by rooms where you store and read the books in calmness.

I have a game apartment, does that count in? It's too bad to live there and too good to rent it out. However it's kinda ideal for storing my minis, games and other crap, do paintings and host game evenings and other social stuff.

totally counts lol

wow that must be nice

its like a game show home lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dillon
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats to all new homeowners. Owning a home, especially one with a dedicated game room, truly is a dream come true. Enjoy!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitrijs Zulenkovs
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LittleLaura wrote:

totally counts lol

wow that must be nice

Well, a combination of game show hall, workshop and office, where noone disturbs you if you don't want to be disturbed. Could bring some good money regularly, however I cannot imagine myself living without all mentioned options anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
siruf wrote:
LittleLaura wrote:

totally counts lol

wow that must be nice

Well, a combination of game show hall, workshop and office, where noone disturbs you if you don't want to be disturbed. Could bring some good money regularly, however I cannot imagine myself living without all mentioned options anymore.

sounds like paradise I wouldnt give it up either lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
First and most importantly, congratulations! Having a game room for dedicated gaming is a "must" for the avid gamer. Enjoy it with family and friends.

Quote:

As to having a gaming area, and since you asked, I'm a bit familiar with creating one. My own version of a "man cave" of my own so to speak.

The ULTIMATE game storage solution. Or, 20 steps to making a dream come true.

Make your own depream come true and enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations on the house! meeple

I live in a rowhouse in the suburbs, and converted the basement to a game room with lots of shelves & games. It's also my little hideaway, as I feel so comfortable between all my game boxes. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sharon Khan
United Kingdom
Shefford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Games, games and more games!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reasons we bought the house we did was because it had an extra reception room that was clearly perfect for a games room! Space for a big table and shelving along three walls, and not too near the kid's bedrooms - I couldn't hope for better!

Enjoy your new games room!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lori
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Having a game room is awesome. My current house is the first place I've lived where I had a dedicated gameroom, and I love it.

My bag tip above is for you to celebrate, if you'd like, by buying the "I have a Game Room" microbadge (which you can see on my display currently). Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cristian Raut
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gratz! I can't wait to have one too.

This thread needs more pics of game rooms whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Walt Mulder wrote:
First and most importantly, congratulations! Having a game room for dedicated gaming is a "must" for the avid gamer. Enjoy it with family and friends.

Quote:

As to having a gaming area, and since you asked, I'm a bit familiar with creating one. My own version of a "man cave" of my own so to speak.

The ULTIMATE game storage solution. Or, 20 steps to making a dream come true.

Make your own depream come true and enjoy!

Thank you

and... wow I commented on your thread but just wow....

PzVIE wrote:
Congratulations on the house! meeple

I live in a rowhouse in the suburbs, and converted the basement to a game room with lots of shelves & games. It's also my little hideaway, as I feel so comfortable between all my game boxes. meeple

thank you

thats awesome too its like a lair lol

sa266 wrote:
One of the reasons we bought the house we did was because it had an extra reception room that was clearly perfect for a games room! Space for a big table and shelving along three walls, and not too near the kid's bedrooms - I couldn't hope for better!

Enjoy your new games room!

thank you

Games room was high on the list but two other things had to come first so it was finding a house in our price range with two reception rooms

eeeeeee!

ellephai wrote:
Congratulations! Having a game room is awesome. My current house is the first place I've lived where I had a dedicated gameroom, and I love it.

My bag tip above is for you to celebrate, if you'd like, by buying the "I have a Game Room" microbadge (which you can see on my display currently). Enjoy!

Aww thank you thats very kind, I dont want to jinx it as we havent signed on the dotted line yet lol so ill buy the badge the very day we do lol

Bahaus wrote:
Gratz! I can't wait to have one too.

This thread needs more pics of game rooms whistle

I agree! lol

this will be our games room if all goes well

It looks smaller in the photos than it is probably because of the sofa but we measured and we can fit a large table and shelves with plenty of room. By the time we have a big enough collection that we may need a bigger room we would probably be looking for a bigger house anyway lol As our family grows

there's another reception room in with a couch and tv already so we thought having two rooms like that was a bit of a waste but hey each to their own the previous owners enjoyed it like that.

I am looking forward to having a project

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey-Jones
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can recommend Ikea for storage solutions, Billy bookcases especially, also owning games is a hobby at first don't let them take over!!!!!!

Games 1 - Me 0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
laura b
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
we now have moved house and now have a dinning table and display cabinet for the games

I am happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.