Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
In Myth, Slaughterfield is used to mean three different but related things :
d10-1The full Slaughterfield expansion, which introduces achievements, more randomized spawns via special cards and some advanced (approximately orange-level?) gear earned by accomplishing achievements.
d10-2The Slaughterfield variant, covered in Chapter 10 of the rulebook, which is a simplified version of number 1 above that can be played with the core set alone (or any expansions). This is a game variant instead of playing Quests and involves different treasure bag contents and treasure "popping" rules.
d10-3 The Slaughterfield mechanic during a Quest (sometimes indicated by the Slaughterfield icon with a number). This is only a "taste" of Slaughterfield which overrides the normal setup for a tile. It consists of a 12x12 tile where you encounter a series of "waves" of creatures entering from all sides. It lasts for the specified number of waves then the normal rules resume.

I hope this helps eliminate some of the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The items are not orange but it is a detail (they are brownish)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Picouet
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification!

Could you go one step further?
Are quests like Get Tactical supposed to be slaughterfield? Is that what that icon + number means? Do you always play those on 12x12's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
Plumpman wrote:
Thanks for the clarification!

Could you go one step further?
Are quests like Get Tactical supposed to be slaughterfield? Is that what that icon + number means? Do you always play those on 12x12's?

Yes, I'll add that to my original post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
They should distinguish between the modes, maybe have Slaughtergarden and Slaughterlawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
ninjadorg wrote:
They should distinguish between the modes, maybe have Slaughtergarden and Slaughterlawn.

ack gawd I'm having so much fun reading the mayhem that is the Myth forums. This made me laugh out loud in my cube farm (slaughtercubefarm?). Hope the neighbors aren't too perturbed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Stewart
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
slaughtercubefarm?

That's the RECON Kickstarter, isn't it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.