Bob Ball
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have made custom portrait style Legendary divider cards, but I'm no graphic arts whiz. I've got them all done, but I feel like I'm missing something and I'm looking for some constructive criticism. Thoughts?

I've included a sampling of the cards below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Schoening
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look really nice. The only thing I can think of is maybe a little larger font for the title along the top. Hard to say from just a picture but the most important thing for me with a divider is that its easy to find what your looking for when your flipping through them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stokes
New Zealand
Auckland
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're great, but I'd put all of the card names in the same position, either top left or top right. They currently seem to jump around for different card types, but it would be easier if they all aligned, I think. And the hero card names appear quite low, especially where they're on two lines, will they be hidden by the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ball
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for that Todd. You're right, people have already had issues finding the dividers and putting cards away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Ball
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Dan,

My thoughts were to have the general grouping of cards labelled on the left (villains, heroes, masterminds) and the individual card names (bystanders, Thor, Doctor Doom) on the right side. I was hoping that this would help the people I normally play with to sort the cards.

I don't know that this is working. I may need something that stands out more for the general dividers.

Thanks to you and Todd I'm thinking that I need to redo the names at the top - make them bigger and more like the banners I have for the general dividers. I still like them on opposite sides for dividing, but the individual card names need to "pop" more.

Below is what they look like laminated and in the box. The lamination gives my dividers some extra head room, so the names aren't as covered by cards. The issue I see is that the hero cards, because there are so fer of them, do get hard to see with very little clearance from the divider in front of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.