Filip W.
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Euros are better with dice!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, the first impression I get is that you really like your idea. Congratulations - you've just found out what it's like to be a game designer! Go you!

The second impression I get is that you're running with it, which can be good but you risk that it will cause you problems later.

I'd recommend that you whip up a prototype, a real bare bones one - nothing you can't do with a pen, some paper and materials scavenged from other games you have (cubes, dice etc. - nothing fancy).

Then you sit down and do a first solo playtest. In all likelihood you'll find that your game is broken. Now you get to find out what it's like to be a game developer, the person who takes the raw idea and forms it into a working game. To do that you'll need to find all the pieces that are broken, coarse, boring and abuseable and polish them away.

Here's a short tip on running your first playtest: When to start playtesting - or - Earlier than makes sense

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Was the OP deleted? :confused:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.