SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Before my first play, to be sure we'll play with the right rules, I have some questions about assassination. Could you help me?

1) If you use the hired assassin card to assassinate a royalty. You have to chose one of your agent on the board. Does this agent need to have the "AR" symbol on its counter?

2) Agent reclus gives 2 victory points at the owner at the end of the game. Does it also gives 2 points to the player who assasinate him? (like the example on the rules?)

3) Have a well understood the rules if I say that a loyalist main agent cannot be assassinated and the other loyalist agents can be assassinated?

4) Assassinate royalty
If you reveal a mad sanuty counter, you loose your agent but if it is your third mad counter and you are a restorationist, does the game ends?

Thanks a lot for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) No you don't need an agent with the AR ability if using a Hired Assassin but you do need an agent in the city where you are conducting the assassination.

2) A loyalist gets 1 pt per restorationist agent they assassinated at game end - or when sufficient identities have been revealed during the game to do so.

3) Correct.

4) Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No, it can be any agent.

2. He gives 2 VP to owner if the players is a restorationist. Killing him gives a player (loyalist)normal 1 point.

3. Yes, this is correct.

4. Yes. When you get 3 mad counters you have to reveal your identity. Loyalist - nothing happens, game goes on. Restorationist - game ends. I won a game as a restorationist using this mechanic just yesterday

Edit:ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SwatSh wrote:

4) Assassinate royalty
If you reveal a mad sanuty counter, you loose your agent but if it is your third mad counter and you are a restorationist, does the game ends?

You only lose the agent if you are using the specific agent's card for the Assassination action. If you are using a Hired Assassin or the Base Assassination card, you do not lose the agent that you used to target royalty. You do draw a Sanity Token either way, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SwatSh
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for your answers.
It's clear for me now. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi.

There doesnt seem to be anything in the rules about assassinating yourself.

As loyalists lose ties there's nothing to stop a Restorationist from claiming a city first turn and killing himself second turn to end the game and win if no one else has scored points....

Has any one ruled on suicide?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
It seems the intent of the game is that you can only kill other players' agents. Otherwise, a restorationist player would be able to use a hired assassin card to end the game almost immediately, which undermines the entire structure of A Study in Emerald. The only explicit mechanism whereby you can kill your own agents is with Yog Sothoth.

I know it's been discussed here, but I don't recall whether Martin Wallace weighed in with an official ruling.

-Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.