Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Zombicide» Forums » Rules

Subject: Extra activation due to Manhole card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
msg tools
What happens if I draw a Manhole card (with a fatty icon) and all zombies are already on the board ?
An "extra activation" for fatties and walkers ?
And if there are 4 manholes ?
4 "extra activation" ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One extra activation for both Fatties and Walkers if you've run out of both (if you've only run out of Fatties, though, but still have Walkers, then only Fatties get reactivated (and vice versa)).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
OK.
But if there are 4 manholes and no more available zombie, will I get an extra activation for each manhole ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kitan wrote:
OK.
But if there are 4 manholes and no more available zombie, will I get an extra activation for each manhole ?

I would say no, simply one extra activation for the card draw.

~Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Floydski wrote:
kitan wrote:
OK.

I would say no, simply one extra activation for the card draw.

Correct. It's one reactivation per zombie card per zombie type it calls for but you've run out of.

Sorry that wasn't clear in my first reply, kitan, but it's what I meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Correct. It's one reactivation per zombie card per zombie type it calls for but you've run out of.

Really? I guess we've played on super hard mode all this time then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
Thanks for the answer.
It is easier and better that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Really? I guess we've played on super hard mode all this time then.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it's ever been officially confirmed by GG, but the common consensus interpretation of the rules as written is, from what I can tell, that it's as I've described.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure if it's ever been officially confirmed by GG, but the common consensus interpretation of the rules as written is, from what I can tell, that it's as I've described.

Well, I always go against the player when rules are in doubt in a cooperative game, and did the same here. We would certainly grant 4 Extra Activations, if we had no Walkers and needed to spawn some on 4 Sewers. Unless Guillotine Games were to confirm otherwise, we'll keep playing this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergei Chavo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
If i have not a fatties and have a walkers, must i spawn 2 walkers or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimond wrote:
If i have not a fatties and have a walkers, must i spawn 2 walkers or not?

Yes, you always spawn the zombies you can spawn, and the reactivate those type you've run out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Scorpion0x17 wrote:

Well, I always go against the player when rules are in doubt in a cooperative game, and did the same here. We would certainly grant 4 Extra Activations, if we had no Walkers and needed to spawn some on 4 Sewers. Unless Guillotine Games were to confirm otherwise, we'll keep playing this way.

So, if you draw, say, a sewer spawn card calling for two fatties (and four walkers), there are four tiles with manholes them that have Survivors on them, and you've got two fatties and only one Walker left in the supply, how many times do the Fatties and Walkers get extra activations, respectively?

But, I've now sent a question to GG, so hopefully we'll get an official answer soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And I have an answer, from Nicolas Raoult:

Quote:
Q: If I draw a manhole/sewer spawn card, and I don't have enough zombies, does the zombie type that I've run out of get just one extra activation (because it's one extra activation per card) or multiple extra activations (because it's one extra activation per manhole/sewer)?

A: It's one extra-activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
A: It's one extra-activation.

We should rack up a whole lot more wins now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.