United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Will the stand alone game come with the Consul board? Asking because I don't see it in the images or explained in the description. Will the new SDE rules phase out that board?

thanks!

(Just in case: the board is the Adventure track used to keep track of the loot and boss spawn)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they have new rules which don't require the adventure tracker. You can read more about it in the official press release
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Aguirre
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Cowbell!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
No, they have new rules which don't require the adventure tracker. You can read more about it in the official press release

GEEZE!... looks like I'm out at least $100!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me too hopefully (just waiting for them to sort EU shipping!). It looks really good so I'm excited for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D F Visker
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
Amicis Inimicis Promptus
mbmbmbmbmb
I really wish they sorted out a form of EU shipping soon. I'm on the fnece for this one from the start. But costs for shipping and taxes are just too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Visio wrote:
I really wish they sorted out a form of EU shipping soon. I'm on the fnece for this one from the start. But costs for shipping and taxes are just too much.

Me too! Sorry if I appear to be banging out about this (which I suppose across different threads I am a little) but I think not having this in place before they launched the KS was a pretty big mistake. Most big companies that use KS now have this in place so it's become standard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Half a million bucks of business on one product line in 2 wks doesn't sound like a mistake. It sounds like we aren't that desperately needed across the pond to make it a success. We would also get to buy it at a later date all the same.
However, I would like some EU action on this one and jump aboard if possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Hall-Williams
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Going back to the topic, I just want to know how they'll handle Loot now. The big issue with the Consul Board's tracks were that the game became one of Loot denial, not monster bashing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the descriptions they've given there's going to be coin drops which you convert into Loot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Noble
United Kingdom
Newbury
Berkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jonahmaul wrote:
Visio wrote:

Me too! Sorry if I appear to be banging out about this (which I suppose across different threads I am a little) but I think not having this in place before they launched the KS was a pretty big mistake. Most big companies that use KS now have this in place so it's become standard.

I'm wondering if this is going to become a trend for some miniature based games. Arcadia Quest did something similar.

Having to make a leap of faith / trust on postage is ridiculous - especially as there's been a few KS projects recently where EU shipping was more expensive than the game!

Commence dead horse flogging in 3, 2, 1::::I know some publishers have better distribution than others, but surely there can't be that much difference between them. Also, some KS projects really don't seem to have done much due diligence on the shipping and just go for an expensive option because it is well established and easier (eg. FedEx). There has to be a niche here for a company to offer a reasonable cost for shipping KS projects (Amazon??)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Rees
Wales
Cardiff
South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think paying for shipping when the items become ready for delivery is going to become par for the course with KS projects as manufacturers try to cover themselves against shipping costs increasing in between the project ending and delivery beginning. I don't think that's a problem personally although perhaps a little frustrating. But Arcadia Quest had EU distribution sorted (and the cost for shipping would be charged in Euros too).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Hood
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadges by request, geekmail me for details!
mb
jonahmaul wrote:
I think paying for shipping when the items become ready for delivery is going to become par for the course with KS projects as manufacturers try to cover themselves against shipping costs increasing in between the project ending and delivery beginning. I don't think that's a problem personally although perhaps a little frustrating. But Arcadia Quest had EU distribution sorted (and the cost for shipping would be charged in Euros too).

Totally agree, not only is shipping a big cost that publishers are desperate to accurately pass along, it will also make their pledge levels seem better value by direct comparison with those who bundle shipping costs (which in turn means everyone will have to follow suit to appear competitive). It's pretty telling that both CMoN and SPM chose to go that route within the space of a few weeks of each other, I suspect a lot more companies are watching the outcome of this with piqued interest.

I'm hoping what this means is a fairer cost (I'm tired of subsidising both free delivery within the US and delivery to more remote countries within the EU). However, I think there needs to be some agreement in place as to the method of delivery before such Kickstarters end, and full transparency of the shipping process (and quibble-free refunds to those who get stung with costs much higher than the estimated cost). I don't mind a bit of uncertainty in the pursuit of a fairer system but I'd like the publishers to try to mitigate issues arising out of this change as much as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xris Wraith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in one of the updates it said that heroes now get one loot card per kill (not per wound) up to three per round.
No tracker needed.

So baesties with more hearts just got better
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.