Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott S
msg tools
Hatchet Jack wrote:
As the tilt asks.

Maaaaaybe June? It looks like it would be end of June, early July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I doubt we'll see it before Gen Con/August. Last year, Gen Con was sort of a prerelease for wave 3, with retail stock getting to stores in the fall. It looks to me like we'll see "waves" arrive at Gen Con, with other "in between waves" stuff like Imperial Aces, Rebel Aces, "huge" (capital) ships, etc, arriving in between (before Christmas shopping season, then Feb/March, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
After about a month after you see the status "In the boat" on the FFG site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp

That page is one of the best things about FFG.

It shows you the stages of each upcoming product, uncluding reprints. Currently the wave 4 items say "Q2 2014". But they aren't even on the boat yet, so I would say end of Q2 is more likely, possibly even beginning of Q3. So I would be inclined to agree with end of June.

Edit:

iNano78 wrote:
I doubt we'll see it before Gen Con/August. Last year, Gen Con was sort of a prerelease for wave 3, with retail stock getting to stores in the fall. It looks to me like we'll see "waves" arrive at Gen Con, with other "in between waves" stuff like Imperial Aces, Rebel Aces, "huge" (capital) ships, etc, arriving in between (before Christmas shopping season, then Feb/March, etc).

I know FFG's dates can be slightly wrong (obviously they can't be precise too early) but since it says Q2 I would be surprised if it were as late as August. But at this stage it's still a little early to tell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatchet Jack wrote:
As the tilt asks.

After the third wave but before the fifth.

But lets see Q2 is now and up to 3 months?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect it'll launch at GenCon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the announcement: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4645

"You can look for them to arrive in the second quarter of 2014."

So sometime in June? Wave 3 was in stores exactly when they said it would be as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert McCloud
United Kingdom
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Hatchet Jack wrote:
As the tilt asks.

After the third wave but before the fifth.

But lets see Q2 is now and up to 3 months?

Yeah Q2 is April-June. But it takes about a month after it's assigned as "on the boat" so it's earliest of May even if it goes on the boat now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LucCros
Canada
Oakville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the pre-release Assault on Imdaar Alpha Tournaments are scheduled to take place on the final weekend of May.

Since they are pre-release tournaments with "your chance to get wave 4 ships before anyone else" (or something like that ), we are talking full release June at the absolute earliest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain Less
Canada
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would rather have them produce enough and release later than botch the release like they did for Imperial Aces in Canada. Stores barely received half their pre-orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Eding
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."

-Jay Little

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Dorko
msg tools
I would guess June/July.
I put in my preorder for 1x each and I'm looking forward to my store's prerelease to snag another headhunter or Phantom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Richardson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just based on what others have said, June seems to be the most logical. And for those thinking its going to be at Gen-Con, might I suggest it could be at Origins (june 11-15th)? It would give them a sizable release platform while still fitting into the Q2 window that was suggested...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They exist a long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre-Yves Duval
Canada
flag msg tools
One of the stores I play at, announced their "Assault on Imdaar" event (with the 4 ships as prizes) for May 31st, so you can expect Wave 4 to be available for general release in June or July at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M.
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
GenCon is a comfortably conservative estimate for me. It will have been a year since their last full release, and it's also a sales opportunity they won't want to miss: tens of thousands of potential members of their target audience (meaning geeks with cash), all in one place, and all willing to pay retail to get their hands on merchandise (rather than buying online at a discount).

I'd like to see them in July, since it's my birthday and would mean we get to play with Wave 4 at Nationals, but one can never have all that one desires.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vorpal Sword wrote:
GenCon is a comfortably conservative estimate for me. It will have been a year since their last full release, and it's also a sales opportunity they won't want to miss: tens of thousands of potential members of their target audience (meaning geeks with cash), all in one place, and all willing to pay retail to get their hands on merchandise (rather than buying online at a discount).

I'd like to see them in July, since it's my birthday and would mean we get to play with Wave 4 at Nationals, but one can never have all that one desires.

I'm going to throw this semi-related statement out there, but I detest allowing people to use the newest wave ships at world's if they weren't available for store championships. I feel like it should be all waves available at the start of the championship season and go from there. /endrant

On a fully related note, FFG seems to struggle with release dates occasionally, but I feel they must be learning from their mistakes by now. Have we received official releases on the Epic ships yet? They seem to be waiting on announcing release dates until they have them pretty much set in stone now.

Edit: Bad etiquette, should have checked the upcoming page before posting: Transport is set for May and Tantive IV is set for Q2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Allen
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think wave 4 will be out way before Gencon. It would be stupid to have a pre-release event the last weekend of May.....then not release the wave until 2 1/2 months later. I'd say FFG is starting to their crap together after the Imp Ace 3 month wait. Late June is when I believe we will see them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.