Sukunai Yori
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm, merely mentioning it here, as my sister wargaming friends might wish to know.

Some like the Steam service, some not, some like me use it reluctantly as a second best choice.

I have a fairly good sized stash of games through Steam. Never would have started if not for needing it for Civilization V though.

But currently Panzer Corps is available, one of the best wargames out there as evidenced by the sheer weight of positive reviews (so you need not rely on my opinion alone), and Battle Academy is coming, and I personally think it is the best in digital realm wargaming in 10+ years.

Their multiplayer link up service is also unrivaled, and Steam will just have new players pouring in now.

These two games are entirely approachable, entire user friendly and totally lacking in undesirable tedium (which is often a problem with wargaming).

Of all my non board game wargames, these are perhaps the only real competition to my deciding board game or non board game formats if given a choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bonus: Existing owners who purchased the game from Martix or Slitherine directly, can get a Steam key for free.

LINK - You'll need to have a Slitherine account and already have your game keys registered with them first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sukunai Yori
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wish to update the thread to indicate, that Battle Academy is now on Steam as well.

It is VERY cool that anyone who owns the game via purchasing direct from Slitherine, is able to get free Steam keys as well here.

In fact it is Slitherine policy to give free Steam keys with any purchase direct from Slitherine.

Of particular note, but of limited duration, the game is currently on sale, and additionally it can also get an Easter 10 dollar off coupon.

That makes one of the best wargames ever made for the computer a measly 12 bucks (Canadian). But this is an Easter event.

I'd love to consider challenging anyone in the game's multi player environment. I own the entire series, and yes, I am a veteran player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.