Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In Battles Of Westeros, you could only order a unit once for the round, then it was exhausted and couldn't be ordered again. I read the rules and didn't see this come up.

So can I order the same unit again and again each turn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you have the command cards that would let you order the unit, yes. There is no concept of a "round" in this game akin to Westeros; each turn is self-contained.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
In theory, you could move only one unit for the entire game, over and over again - provided you had the command cards and the units didn't die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
mbmbmbmbmb
Hank34 wrote:
In Battles Of Westeros, you could only order a unit once for the round, then it was exhausted and couldn't be ordered again. I read the rules and didn't see this come up.

So can I order the same unit again and again each turn?

Just to clarify. If you have a card that allows you to order 3 units on the right, then you cannot order one unit multiple times as all orders have to be made before any movement occurs. If you only had two units on the right when you played a order 3 card, then you would only be allowed to order two units. The extra order would be wasted that turn. You could of course order that same unit with a card on your next turn. I've never played Westeroes, so you might already know this. Just wanted to make sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank B
United States
Arlington Heights
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification all. Not sure if I like this feature, but since units die very fast in this one, not sure if it matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, Westeros has a lot of changes that are quite drastic from "mainstream" Commands and Colors mechanics. I don't know ALL the C&C games, but I don't think the Westeros ordering mechanism is a normal thing in most C&C games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Cowan
United States
Huron
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Yes, you can move the same unit every turn if you wanted but you will see as you play that this is enjoyable. The whole game is designed to feel like little skirmishes going on so that helps. You may be trying to accomplish something with that unit where it is nice to keep moving them.

If you are worried about fairness or a "spam" movement feeling of some sort, fear not. The command cards do a great job of limiting this and adding another strategic element to the game. There are only so many command cards and the odds are you will not have the ones you need to keep moving the same unit. You will find that becomes a more difficult issue. (Not being able to move the people you want.) Still fair though. It is up to you to plan your turns out based on your command cards to get the most out of them.

This type of game really shows its true colors the more you play. The balance becomes more apparent and the back and forth with an opponent between multiple games gets really fun and feels really balanced. I have played many many times and it seems every time I play, new strategies click in my mind that I just didn't see before.

BattleLore is awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.