Subject: Design of Claim tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans of upgrading the design on the backside of the Claim tiles? Right now they're labeled "X nuggets" with that horrid stencil font*.

Wouldn't it make more sense to simple show X nuggets in the dirt? As far as I know, there'll never be more than 5 nuggets in a claim, so that should be fairly straightforward to count at a glance.

* The stencil font might make sense elsewhere in Pay Dirt, but unless it actually sits on a sign or piece of equipment, it just looks very cheap and feels like sloppy graphic design.

Edit - just to offer a bit more constructive criticism: I realise that the dirt depicted on the tiles is already dotted with gold specks. Perhaps an illustration of the plastic gold nugget game pieces themselves would look good on this background? (E.g.: 1 nugget, 2 nuggets, small pile with 3 nuggets, small pile of 3 plus 1 on the side, small pile of 3 plus tiny pile of 2.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the design is more or less complete, but I too thought of just depicting the nuggets or "colors" in gold mining parlance. If it's an option, I'd definitely prefer it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PLAYER R3D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I agree with this. I'd prefer to have a visual representation of the gold nuggets instead of a boring text.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Nickell
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm planning on there being nugget illustrations indicating how many nuggets you would get. I think that it will look better versus words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hah SWEET! Patrick, you rock!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.